Recommended Suites on Connie (Pictures would help)

dcarter4

Hey All,

Not sure if we can even afford it...but on our upcoming wedding cruise aboard the Constellation....we are looking at upgrading to a Suite (if we can come up with the cash).

Currently, our entire wedding party is booked on the A2 Aqua Class Staterooms. This is fine with us, as we like the AQ rooms.

This will be our first cruise aboard an M-class ship (our other cruises have all been on the S-class)...so we don't have any experience with the staterooms.

The Sky Suite is affordable...but quite frankly...I'm not too impressed (though I've never seen it "live").

I REALLY like the Celebrity Suite....but I don't think it has a balcony (veranda)?!!! Is this true?!!:mad:

If true....VERY disappointing. We just love being on a balcony...

Looking forward to your thoughts and pics (if you have any??!!)

TIA

Dwayne

Assuming the setup is the same as the Summit, look at 6145 or 6146 Sky Suite. It is setup to be used as an extra room for the Penthouse Suite so it is extra nice. It has a huge bathroom with double sinks, whirlpool tub and a large walk-in shower. Pictures can be found by googling the room number and Constellation. We were very happy with it. Enjoy

I REALLY like the Celebrity Suite....but I don't think it has a balcony (veranda)?!!! Is this true?!!:mad:

The Celebrity Suites are very nice and yes, they definitely do have balconies.

The Sky Suites are only one room, but the Celebrity Suites have a separate living room and bedroom with a door that can be closed between them.

There is a flat screen TV in the living room and another in the bedroom

Here is a link to MoreMoores Celebrity Suite slideshow.

Celebrity Suite Slideshow

I think you and your bride would really enjoy a CS for your upcoming wedding cruise, so if you can swing one, I would say go for it.

We had a CS on deck 8 for our cruise through the Panama Canal and thought it was a great suite in an ideal location.

The only caution I would give is that climbing in or out of the high bathtub may be cumbersome if either of you has mobility problems.

Hey All,

Not sure if we can even afford it...but on our upcoming wedding cruise aboard the Constellation....we are looking at upgrading to a Suite (if we can come up with the cash).

Currently, our entire wedding party is booked on the A2 Aqua Class Staterooms. This is fine with us, as we like the AQ rooms.

This will be our first cruise aboard an M-class ship (our other cruises have all been on the S-class)...so we don't have any experience with the staterooms.

The Sky Suite is affordable...but quite frankly...I'm not too impressed (though I've never seen it "live").

TIA

Dwayne

I'm onboard Connie in a CS now, I'll try and get good pictures of the cabin and answer when we return (mid December). Wonderful cabin. I'd say it's worth it, but I'd also say any suite is worth it :)

Happy Sailing!

Jenna

For even less than Aqua class the aft balconies on the M class ships are great.

If you can grab a corner aft or the one right next to it you won't break the bank but will have a balcony large enough for a dinner party.

Aren't those corner cabins Family Ocean Views and only available to bookings of four or five passengers?

Edited by A Sixth?

Aren't those corner cabins Family Ocean Views and only available to bookings of four or five passengers?

The corner FOVs and the FOVs next to them are initially available for booking only to parties of 5. However, if they don't sell, they are opened up to everyone. They are fabulous cabins! Folks on our Norway roll call snagged all 6 of the corner FOVs when they were released for regular bookings and we loved them! One woman who was sailing solo got one. The rest were all parties of 2.

Edited by Happy Cruiser 6143

Putting the whole family into one of those would not be the arrangement that most people would choose for a honeymoon, but as Perry always says, we don't judge here. ;)

In any case, people who stay in those cabins are not eligible to dine in Blu.

Neither are those in the CC aft cabins, which some like and some don't.

The OP will need either AQ or a suite for Blu.

I would spring for a CS suite with that great sweeping wall of windows instead of a SS, if the price difference is not too great, but I don't know the OP's budget.

Edited by varoo

..., but the Celebrity Suites have a separate living room and bedroom with a door that can be closed between them.

Fleckle,

Thank you (and everyone else) for responding.

We may find ourselves in the aweful position of having our 16yr old daughter share our room (it's our wedding cruise). You mentioned a door that closes between the living room and the bedroom?

Does the living room have a pull out sofa bed? If you have 3 guests in a suite...is this where the thiird guest normally sleeps?

Celebrity's website does a poor job of explaining this...or even showing upgraded pictures and diagrams...

Come on...how hard can that be? I know how much a junior-level web master costs? Are you telling me, they can't afford to have one on staff?:mad:

Sorry to vent...but if you are in the business of selling luxury...and the website is how 80% of the people view your product...you are killing your upselling potential!

I mean...here's what Celebrity shows for this $ 3,500 suite:

celebrity-constellation-suiteold.jpg

And here's the view that took me 2 days to find:

Celebrity-Suite-newer.jpg

Which would you pay for?

Thanks again for your help!!

Dwayne

I'm onboard Connie in a CS now, I'll try and get good pictures of the cabin and answer when we return (mid December). Wonderful cabin. I'd say it's worth it, but I'd also say any suite is worth it :)

Happy Sailing!

Jenna

Thanks jenna....you are so lucky!!!

Send some picture to Celebrity, while you're at it!!:D

Dwayne

The corner FOVs and the FOVs next to them are initially available for booking only to parties of 5. However, if they don't sell, they are opened up to everyone. They are fabulous cabins! Folks on our Norway roll call snagged all 6 of the corner FOVs when they were released for regular bookings and we loved them! One woman who was sailing solo got one. The rest were all parties of 2.

Interesting...

How far ahead of sailing would they typically come up for regular booking? Around final payment?

Fleckle,

Thank you (and everyone else) for responding.

We may find ourselves in the aweful position of having our 16yr old daughter share our room (it's our wedding cruise). You mentioned a door that closes between the living room and the bedroom?

Does the living room have a pull out sofa bed? If you have 3 guests in a suite...is this where the thiird guest normally sleeps?

You can see the door in one of the photos in the slide show that I linked for you previously in post #4.

If it went by too quickly, just click "slow" at the lower right to slow it down, or you can click pause and then page through the photos one at a time.

If the link doesn't work for you, let me know and I'll try sending the photos another way.

Yes, the sofa in the living room would be where the 3rd person would sleep. I didn't notice if it pulls out or not because we only used the sofa to sit on, but I imagine it does if the suite is available to book for 3 people.

I can see two problems with putting a third person there on your honeymoon.

(1) Access to the bathroom is from inside the bedroom, so the 3rd person would either need to walk through your bedroom to get to the bathroom or go down the hall to use a public bathroom.

That could make it awkward if she should need to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, but she would probably have the good sense to knock and not just barge in.

(2) The closet/dressing room area is also only accessible from the bedroom.

Not an ideal situation for a honeymoon couple with a third person sleeping in the living room, but I suppose you could make it work.

One of the photos in the slide show shows the entrance to the dressing area from the bedroom. Not visible in the photo are the closet hanging areas to each side, one side for him and one side for her.

A third person would need to share that closet space inside the dressing area as there is no other closet in the suite. (Or at least not as far as we know, since we had plenty of hanging space there for all our clothing and never looked for another closet).

There is additional storage space for non-hanging items in the living room itself.

Now if you want to book one of the penthouse suites......:D

Edited by fleckle

• 1 month later...

Just getting caught up on old posts. I haven't been able to get through the 4000+ photos we took on this trip. Unfortunately, the cabin photos are kind of mixed in as we were tired when we boarded and didn't take pictures right away. Please respond if you still need them.

I will say, our experience on Connie in the CS was amazing. Service, size of cabin,, amenities. We saw a friends Royal suite and really only missed the bigger spa tub on the balcony and maybe the bigger deck. Otherwise, we were very, very happy. For the money, it's a MUCH better value IMHO.

Happy Sailing!

Jenna

Just getting caught up on old posts. I haven't been able to get through the 4000+ photos we took on this trip. Unfortunately, the cabin photos are kind of mixed in as we were tired when we boarded and didn't take pictures right away. Please respond if you still need them.

I will say, our experience on Connie in the CS was amazing. Service, size of cabin,, amenities. We saw a friends Royal suite and really only missed the bigger spa tub on the balcony and maybe the bigger deck. Otherwise, we were very, very happy. For the money, it's a MUCH better value IMHO.

Happy Sailing!

Jenna

We've been in both a CS(before the balconies were added) and a RS and now that the CS have balconies I absolutely agree it's a much better value than a RS!!! Would love to book again now that the balconies are there!!:)

We've been in both a CS(before the balconies were added) and a RS and now that the CS have balconies I absolutely agree it's a much better value than a RS!!! Would love to book again now that the balconies are there!!:)

We kind of missed a big table on the balcony, but the WINDOWS and views are actually better on the CS. For our fall cruise in Europe for example, it was better in our opinion than the RS as we didn't use the balcony that much as it was cool or cold, but the view from the suite is great and the balconies don't distract from this much at all.

For the westbound TA, it was a little frustrating that they're only on the starboard side as we didn't get direct sun, but the pool deck had lots of room and the central location is nice :)

Happy Sailing!

Jenna

Interesting...

How far ahead of sailing would they typically come up for regular booking? Around final payment?

It totally depends on when Celebrity's computer algorithm tells them they are not likely to sell these cabins to families of five. On our recent Infinity TA (obviously a sailing not likely to have many kids), they popped up one day that was well before final payment. I was stunned, actually. Thanks to a vigilant member of our Roll Call, a number of us were able to grab the corner FVs and the FVs next to them. By the time we sailed, I'd say the Roll Call had most of the FVs. :)

Here's the balcony of our corner FV; it's really more like a private deck. :)

Infinity8166deck2_zps4321b3ec.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

If you're going to have a third person with you, I would recommend a Royal Suite instead of a Celebrity Suite. The person in the living room can access the bathroom and the closet without going through the bedroom. Also, the bathroom has a separate shower. There is an additional closet in the living room area as well as tons of cupboard space. And, yes, the sofa makes into a comfortable bed.

If you're going to have a third person with you, I would recommend a Royal Suite instead of a Celebrity Suite. The person in the living room can access the bathroom and the closet without going through the bedroom. Also, the bathroom has a separate shower. There is an additional closet in the living room area as well as tons of cupboard space. And, yes, the sofa makes into a comfortable bed.

All true but unless you can afford the extra SEVERAL thousand dollars that the RS normally costs over the CS, the CS is a wonderful alternative.