Norwegain Sun

sailor925

Well just finished October 20th, 2013 cruise on this Ship. They are not supposed to allow Cigar smoking on the balconies. We had a mid-ship balcony and almost every day the time on the balcony was ruined by heavy cigar smoke from upwind:mad:. No attempt to monitor or prohibit this by the ship. Made the whole balcony experience awful. Best to allow smokers in the cabin only and not on the balconies. Next, the ****s at the check in at Miami made us pour out all our water as its seal was broken. Woman at security said drink it all or pour it out:eek:. Very objectionable and rude. It would have been nice if Norwegian had warned us of this in advance. They even tried to take my wife's Scope mouthwash in the checked bag away as it looked like alcohol but relented after checking it.

All in all a very unhappy experience on Norwegian:mad:.

It is a cut below Royal Caribbean which we have sailed on in the past and will likely use again.

so, let me see if I understand this correctly? Someone in a cabin near you was smoking a cigar (I agree that is yucky) you expect the crew to check each cabin for signs of smoking, is that what you are saying/ Did you talk to anyone about this? If not, that is your problem. As for the water, I have heard this before, but we have cruised many times and never had the experience. Now, the story about your wife's scope, you are misleading us I think. Yes, if it resembled alcohol when your checked luggage went through X Ray, you were called to the naughty room, but as long as it wasn't alcohol you were allowed to keep it. Do you blame NCL for following up on their liquor policy?

You prefer RCI, have you cruised them lately, do you have any idea how strict they have gotten with allowing any booze to be brought on or anything that resembles it. But if you prefer RCI that is fine. There is a reason there are so many cruise lines, everyone likes something a little different. I don't think that is a reason to bash another line though.

I am surprised, if you have been a member of CC for 4 years you didn't know the policy about bringing anything on the ship that might appear to be alcohol. This is discussed regularly, I am also a little surprised you joined CC so long ago and this is your first posting.

Edited by newmexicoNita

To me, the smoking (cigarettes, pipe or cigar), on the balcony is a double-edged sword.

As a non-smoker who might have chosen to pay for a balcony, I would not want overwhelming smoke wafting onto my balcony.

But then again, I can see the point of view of a smoker, who chose to pay extra to get a balcony and would like to be able to enjoy a smoke out on their balcony. And I could see them being upset if they had to go to a designated smoke area every time, when they have an essentially private balcony.

Maybe the ships need to put in smokeeaters or some other way to divert the smoke on a balcony.

Also, in this discussion, I do not count e-cigs, in my view, they are alright almost anywhere, as long as the person doesn't blow the vapor right into my face.

You can not shoot down an entire ship because of the US Port of Authority Customs rules and regulations. NO open bottles....I bring empty bottles and refill on the ship and have my own water whenever.

29 cruises on NCL and two more booked.