Water and Alcohol

MaiTaiMary

Wine/Champagne -- One 750ml bottle allowed per adult with no charge when boarding, but subject to a $15 corkage fee is brought to a dinning room. Must be in carryon, not checked, luggage. Additional bottles allowed (also carryon) with a $15/bottle corkage fee charged when boarding. Enforcement of this seems to vary.

Liquor and beer -- against the rules

Water and soda -- all you would like to bring, either checked or carryon.

Just returned from the Royal Princess. I saw people in line with a case of bottled water.

Re: Alcohol: I have a printout that I will photograph and post concerning alcohol that is smuggled onboard. It says, when found it will be destroyed. I had heard of it being destroyed, but this notice was the first time that I saw it in writing. When I get unpacked and settled back into home, I will share the notice. Hope this helps.

We were going to take bottled water, as we didn't like the taste of the water on board last year. Then we saw a Brita Water Filter jug for $11.99 at the Walgreen near the pier..... filled it up right out of the cabin bathroom sink, fit perfectly in the fridge, and provided as much taste-free filtered water as we needed for the week. (And it doesn't weigh a ton!)

We were going to take bottled water, as we didn't like the taste of the water on board last year. Then we saw a Brita Water Filter jug for $11.99 at the Walgreen near the pier..... filled it up right out of the cabin bathroom sink, fit perfectly in the fridge, and provided as much taste-free filtered water as we needed for the week. (And it doesn't weigh a ton!)

That is such a good idea!

To be very honest, I had not thought of it either! I had looked at the individual Brita water bottles, but DH - being a "manly man" :cool:, would not be caught dead sucking on a water bottle, which is how those Brita bottles work (the filtering is done on the way out, not on the way in). When I saw the carafe on the shelf, the light bulb went on... ding ding ding!

Since it was so inexpensive, we just left it in the cabin with a note for our wonderful steward that he was welcome to keep it for himself, or pass it along to another crew member who might like to have it.

A win-win situation!

Peg