cruise paid off so i call to add tips for 3 people...BUT PROBLEMS..

Susiecruisey

So my cruise is paid off so I call to pre pay my tips and the lady says ok that will be $241.50..I tell her great add it on and I will make payments she says no problem.

But here is the problem.

I now owe $527.50? WTH??

They have no clue why... But they say I owe that. I have a invoice that shows $0

But they say that the balance.

Now what?

So my cruise is paid off so I call to pre pay my tips and the lady says ok that will be $241.50..I tell her great add it on and I will make payments she says no problem.

But here is the problem.

I now owe $527.50? WTH??

They have no clue why... But they say I owe that. I have a invoice that shows $0

Now what?

Ask them how they arrived at this. Something very strange here.

But here is the problem.

I now owe $527.50? WTH??

Now what?

When you tell her to take the 241.50 in tips off, does the balance revert to 00?

No matter what you are being told by Carnival and what your "Manage My Cruise" page says, check what the original cost for the cruise was when you booked it, then dig out all receipts showing you have paid an amount equal to the original amount. If what you can validate with receipts matches what your original charge was, call Carnival and ask for a supervisor. You seriously have an issue if you have paid the total charge and now have a balance remaining!

i hope you had printed off the final page that showed zero due before you added the tips.. i always save the page with the numbers on it. that way it balances with the manage my cruise. i don't trust it not changing on me lol.

I have every email showing my balance after each payment to include the 0 balance one. But they are insisting I owe more....

I am starting to get upset about it. If I was not booked under early saver I would cxl

How many people have you spoken to on the phone over this? I would ask for a supervisor or manager immediately and forward them your confirmation email showing $0 balance while you are on the phone with them.

How many people have you spoken to on the phone over this? I would ask for a supervisor or manager immediately and forward them your confirmation email showing $0 balance while you are on the phone with them.

I have now spoken to 4 people including a supervisor and they have no clue

Are you sure you calculated the tips correctly?

Is it longer than 7 nights, and thus the tips are higher?

Just a few suggestions.

As long as you have your invoice showing you were paid in full prior to adding the tips, you should be fine.

I would definitely escalate it up to a supervisor and find out what's going on.

Good Luck, and keep us posted.:D:D

Just a few suggestions.

As long as you have your invoice showing you were paid in full prior to adding the tips, you should be fine.

7 day cruise 3 people tips are 241.50 they are 80.50 PP

Is it possible the port taxes and fees have gone up?

If no one can explain it you need to call and go higher up the food chain.... It's unacceptable that they expect that much more money from you without being able to explain it. Did someone accidentally bump you up in cabin category?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Just a few suggestions.

I just looked and the cruise OP is on is only a 7 day cruise and she said she added tips for 3 people so CCL screwed up somewhere.

Your advice is sound . They should definitely get a supervisor to look into this because if not fixed the OP's cruise will be canceled for non payment at the final payment date.

Bill

:eek: This is really scary! Maybe when adding the tips the agent changed your rate code to a current (more expensive) one?

Call everyone, have them talk to their booking engine people to resolve this. Have you spoken to Guest Resolutions already???