what to do in Nevis?

kathy16

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone help with recommendations? My cruise will be here for a day in January, and I have no idea what would be best to do. Sightseeing? Beaches?

I will be there for 1 days also in January and this is what I am doing so check out this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1936854

• 4 weeks later...

We took the ferry to Nevis from St. Kitts. The drawback is the ferry schedule is limited and we had only two hours on Nevis. It was nice to see a port that was un-commercialized by the usual International jewelry stores if you know what I mean. The ferry was $10 each one-way plus a $1 port fee each way. The cab was $50 for a two-hour tour - the fare is a set fare.

There was a great story about Nevis in The Washington Post which you may find helpful.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/travel/taking-it-slow-and-simple-on-the-caribbean-island-of-nevis/2013/10/17/ca6132e8-3201-11e3-9c68-1cf643210300_story.html

Wesley

Excellent article. If you ship stops in Nevis you can do most of what is covered in the article. If you have to come over from St Kitts and return to catch your ship's departure most activities will have to wait for your next visit to Nevis.