What is This?

Slacktide

If you look real close at the center of that "thing", it looks like an allen wrench fits in it. On one of our cruises a Maintenance guy came in for a reason that I don't remember and had to get up into the ceiling. There was a thing similar to that on our cabin ceiling. He put an allen wrench in it and it unlocked the ceiling panel. Then it swung down and he worked on whatever was up in there. Maybe that's what that was.

My explanations are way more entertaining and exciting.

If you look real close at the center of that "thing", it looks like an allen wrench fits in it. On one of our cruises a Maintenance guy came in for a reason that I don't remember and had to get up into the ceiling. There was a thing similar to that on our cabin ceiling. He put an allen wrench in it and it unlocked the ceiling panel. Then it swung down and he worked on whatever was up in there. Maybe that's what that was.

That's it. I'm bringing a set of Allen wrenches on my next cruise. Pretty sure they're not on the prohibited items list.

There's an NSA guy stuck up in your ceiling -just seeing that you're Doing It right. ;)

I'm sure I won that contest....where is my Ship on a Stick prize??? LOL.

The scary part is that people are really believing it's a peep hole or camera. I could care less if it is a peep hole, camera, or a magnet. I hope they got the full monty on camera and if anyone comes across me on film, let me know, I'm sure my husband would love to have a copy of it :D

That's it. I'm bringing a set of Allen wrenches on my next cruise. Pretty sure they're not on the prohibited items list.

If that is what it is, make sure your Allen wrenches are the tamper proof kind. The screws have that little pin in the center of the head. The wrenches also have a hole in the end to accomodate the pin. That way a regular Allen wrench won't fit in them.