What is This?

Slacktide

It looks just like the magnet we had in our cabin from my daughter's birthday decorations. It can be hard to remove all the decorations when you are taking that stuff down. I know I couldn't get it off the ceiling when I tried. Or, I wonder if this is standard in cabins to help the staff be able to put up the decorations. By the way and out of curiosity, were you in cabin 6232 ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

Edited by TikkiTembo

Makes me kind of nervous......surely looks like a camera lens to me....hmmmmmm!!!! Very questionable.....I will most certainly inspect the ceiling while on the Victory in a few weeks! Duct tape for sure...hahaha

Edited by buddylover

If you look real close at the center of that "thing", it looks like an allen wrench fits in it. On one of our cruises a Maintenance guy came in for a reason that I don't remember and had to get up into the ceiling. There was a thing similar to that on our cabin ceiling. He put an allen wrench in it and it unlocked the ceiling panel. Then it swung down and he worked on whatever was up in there. Maybe that's what that was.

Edited by RWolver672

If you look real close at the center of that "thing", it looks like an allen wrench fits in it. On one of our cruises a Maintenance guy came in for a reason that I don't remember and had to get up into the ceiling. There was a thing similar to that on our cabin ceiling. He put an allen wrench in it and it unlocked the ceiling panel. Then it swung down and he worked on whatever was up in there. Maybe that's what that was.

Really like this answer, and maybe the mystery has been solved.:D