Cruise Director Gem?

tmarkham9

Hey guys I'm wondering if anyone has any informations who the cruise director for the gem is or how to get into touch with him.. I plan on proposing to my girl friend on our cruise in december!!! Also if anyone has any great ideas of how to propose. I planned on doing it during the magic show which would have been creative but unfortunately the gem is one of the only ships with out a magic show, Any ideas would be super helpful!!

Thanks a ton

Tom

Hey guys I'm wondering if anyone has any informations who the cruise director for the gem is or how to get into touch with him.. I plan on proposing to my girl friend on our cruise in december!!! Also if anyone has any great ideas of how to propose. I planned on doing it during the magic show which would have been creative but unfortunately the gem is one of the only ships with out a magic show, Any ideas would be super helpful!!

Thanks a ton

Tom

It was Julie last month.. not sure if she's rotated out elsewhere. There was a magician on the ship when we sailed - not sure if he's changed out too.. card tricks and such - http://www.rojastalentgroup.com/talent/variety/chipromero/index.html

Congrats and good luck with your plans!!

Thanks for the response gator..that would be perfect but I talked to the event coordinator group and they said that there would be no magic show on board.. Were you sailing on the Gem? My other thoughts were some different shows like a game show or such.. My original plan was to propose on a horse back ride through the jungle in samana with a picnic area set up by a waterfall swimming hole.. Unfortunately Norwegian can not take any food off the boat and there is no area for a private picnic

My thought would be to talk with the Hotel Director Jenny Lim once you are on board. She may have some really great ideas. She is also a very nice lady. If you want to do this privately, do a special dinner somewhere. I am sure that the Food and Beverage Director or the Restaurant Manger could make very special. Best Wishes.

yes - Julie was CD on the Gem and we had the magician on the ship... entertainment changes out often and depends on itinerary length too... if you guys are jokers, the Second City might be able to work something in as well?

maybe do a Tours with Terry in Samana and get some ideas from him.. they do the horseback waterfall thing

Sounds like you've got some great ideas.. Hope she says yes :)

Thanks for the response gator..that would be perfect but I talked to the event coordinator group and they said that there would be no magic show on board.. Were you sailing on the Gem? My other thoughts were some different shows like a game show or such.. My original plan was to propose on a horse back ride through the jungle in samana with a picnic area set up by a waterfall swimming hole.. Unfortunately Norwegian can not take any food off the boat and there is no area for a private picnic

Another thought might be to talk with Michael Blackwell, who plays piano-some nights in the Star Bar across from Cagney's. He could play a special piece of music for you. He is a very nice gentleman.

Thanks a ton

Tom

Along the lines of an idea......they have a game show called the almost newlywed game.....they will probably have on Gem. Might be a neat idea. It is based on the Newltwed game show.

Thanks a ton

Tom

Congratulations Tom. Do join your roll call. Which Dec cruise will it be? Maybe your roll call can get into the surprise... sit in the first row in the theater, turn around, and hold up signs spelling your proposal or something to that effect :D

Edited by kylenyc

On the Gem in San Juan right now

Jenny Lin is Hotel Director and will be here until Jan 11.

Matt Sole is the CD

Vitor Da Silva boarded in NYC again as F&B director

Concierge is Carlos

I will do a full posting from St. Thomas

Oh-how I wish I were there...!!! PLEASE...tell Jenny that jaja says "hi"..

Thanks for the great ideas and information guys.. I did get in touch with the event group and they said that Matt was going to be the CD on this trip Dec 4th.. I'm thinking about our last stop in Samana on that horseback riding trip through the jungle, because at that point she will be assuming i'm not going to pop the question.. Does anyone else have ideas to add to the plan or how to do it.. The picnic idea is a no go (She would have loved that).. Just wanted to say thank you guys again for all the help, really appreciate it!!

Thanks for the great ideas and information guys.. I did get in touch with the event group and they said that Matt was going to be the CD on this trip Dec 4th.. I'm thinking about our last stop in Samana on that horseback riding trip through the jungle, because at that point she will be assuming i'm not going to pop the question.. Does anyone else have ideas to add to the plan or how to do it.. The picnic idea is a no go (She would have loved that).. Just wanted to say thank you guys again for all the help, really appreciate it!!

I would recommend booking that horseback-to-the-falls excursion with "Tour Samana with Terry" and clue him in to your plan. Proposing at the falls would be absolutely amazing. Those falls are among the most spectacularly beautiful sights I have seen in all my 50 years. Please consider booking it with Terry, though! He's fantastic to work with, and runs 1st Class excursions in Samana. His personal touch will make all the difference in that excursion - and considering what an important day it will turn out to be, you want the very best you can get. ;)

Here's wishing you a lifetime of happiness together!

:)

I took your advice and emailed terry, I tried to get another private company to do it about a month ago but they weren't helpful...keeping my fingers crossed that terry can pull though and set up a spot to ask her to be my wife :)

I took your advice and emailed terry, I tried to get another private company to do it about a month ago but they weren't helpful...keeping my fingers crossed that terry can pull though and set up a spot to ask her to be my wife :)

Don't forget to ask Terry to take photos or video of the big moment!

This might not be what you are looking for, but before all the shows either the CD or someone else comes on stage to make announcements/introduce the show. You could have a banner or sign made up for them (banner would take two people, but would be easy to smuggle aboard in your luggage) to hold up on stage (make sure you are sitting in the front row)asking your girlfriend to marry you (be sure and include her name on the banner/sign)and when they do get down on one knee with the ring. You would have the added bonus of the possibility that they might record it since they record most entertainment to be shown on the stateroom tv's later. Jenny the HD is terrific and would most certainly help with this.

Wonderful! Please keep us posted. :D

Just wanted to double check and make sure I have the right email address

toursamanawithterry@hotmail.com

Hopefully!

Yes, that is the correct email address.

Is it Matt Baker??

I thought he left NCL--

On the Gem in San Juan right now

Jenny Lin is Hotel Director and will be here until Jan 11.

Matt Sole is the CD

Vitor Da Silva boarded in NYC again as F&B director

Concierge is Carlos

I will do a full posting from St. Thomas

Matt Baker was the best!

He went back to the UK to run his own entertainment business.....

Edited by bob brown