Check your reservations -- mine just got CANCELLED

Cruise Envy

Dont they know about these dry- dock things ahead of time?

This cruise should never have been able to be booked.

That sucks

Exactly. What if passengers already booked nonrefundable airfare, transportation or hotel rooms?

Sorry. I may have misinterpreted the OP's issue. Obviously, this happenstance benefits Carnival in no way. And this is a cancellation one full year before disembarkation. The OP's anger does make sense, though, if Carnival did not disable sign-up as soon as it was certain of the cancellation.

So the question, in my opinion, is when Carnival was first certain the cruise was a no-go, and if OP signed up after that date. OP does not give us that info. Someone on the referred thread indicates it was known months ago, so anything is possible.

Edited by billie5

So sorry for your frustration. I feel your pain. I had booked the Pride in Jan 2014 and my cruise was canceled as well. They were originally going to start some work on her. They changed their minds and moved it to Nov 2014 and then reinstated my cruise, of course I'd already booked a new on for Feb 2014. It's a hassle moving hotel dates and travel plans around. I do wish they'd get their stuff in order sometimes. Hope whatever you choose to replace your lost cruise is a great time for you.

Thanks everyone -- I booked this in July 2013. The compensation, according to the lady I talked to tonite at Carnival is that they will honor our rate on a similar cruise, and a $50 pp on board credit. To me that is fair, but it doesn't solve that I found a date, port & cabin that I liked.

I am frustrated at being back to the drawing board.

That sucks

Not always, RC's Allure has been having problems for about a month. They announced about a week ago that they are cancelling a February cruise to take her to get fixed in the Bahamas. Just like cars, things break down. :(

That sucks

As another posted here, drydock was originally scheduled in January, but rescheduled for November so bookings were in effect prior to the change. Now they need to fill the January sailing, because they were originally cancelled.

As for those who had booked the November one, I doubt if too many will lose out on hotels and airfare. How many actually book a full year in advance?

In my spam folder I found the explanation email that indeed, they are taking her straight to Tampa after dry dock.

I spoke to my PVP this morning and was able to grab the same cabins for the 11/23/14 cruise now out of Tampa. He is supposed to call me back when he finds my deposit and gets my prices adjusted.

I agree with RuthlessBoss, I doubt many had non-refundable arrangements yet. It was just jarring to have the cancellation come out of nowhere. Plus we now have a longer drive to port. On the upside, we have (IMHO) better ports (Western Caribbean vs Bahamas).

This thread is confusing regarding the November 23 cruise being cancelled and being rebooked. What I've concluded is the first Nov. 23 is cancelled from another port, going to drydock in October (according to the other thread), then the ship is going to Tampa in time for a NEW November cruise. Am I right?

A phone call sure would have been nice- instead of a surprise email. Customer service Carnival!!! ( yeah... Not holding my breath)

Peg

A phone call would have been a surprise too;) Imagine the time involved making individual calls? We are in the fast information age, and this is how mass mailings are done.

With some cruisers booking so way ahead, this is a small risk that is taken. I see some people booking 2 years ahead. I don't quite understand it, as I, usually don't book more than 6 months ahead and frequently later. I have no idea what I am doing 2 years from now. :) Next year is still up in the air except for 2 cruises in January. I know, I be going to Alaska twice, depends on the late deals, and Europe later fall, again, what deal/s surface. I don't care what cabin I get- which is important to a lot of people. But, I have never had a cruise canceled with my later bookings. Pure luck.

Good thing there are many options available.

Not always, RC's Allure has been having problems for about a month. They announced about a week ago that they are cancelling a February cruise to take her to get fixed in the Bahamas. Just like cars, things break down. :(

What broke on Pride? Wasn't Pride a scheduled upgrade?