Carry on ????

crawfrd7

My husband and I are debating (lol) about the carry on. Should we carry on an over the shoulder bag or our smallest wheel bag? Not much difference in size.

If you ask my SO, she will tell you it doesn't matter, because I'm the one that will be dealing with it either way, so the real question is is he toting this bag, or are you?????

But in all seriousness.....

If i'm bringing on anything substantial, like some sodas and wine, I bring a small roller duffel bag. I brought an over the shoulder with some sodas and two bottles of wine, and that got miserable setting it down and picking it back up again every time the line moved 5 feet.

Either way, have a great cruise:)

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but if you are travelling with four people can you put all the wine, soda and water in one carry-on? Actually, it will probably take two small suitcases for everything.

Edited by lulu_cruising

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but if you are travelling with four people can you put all the wine, soda and water in one carry-on? Actually, it will probably take two small suitcases for everything.

We use one bag for all of us in the cabin, and have never had any problem. Once, in Long Beach, the security screener counted all of us to make sure there were enough people for the wine bottles and soda (there were 10 of us so we had a number of bags), but it was no problem since we all boarded together.

We use one bag for all of us in the cabin, and have never had any problem. Once, in Long Beach, the security screener counted all of us to make sure there were enough people for the wine bottles and soda (there were 10 of us so we had a number of bags), but it was no problem since we all boarded together.

Great, thanks!

actually, back packs are a good idea. We wanted to bring them anyways for excursions, and we have FTTF so it's not like we need to lug them around. That might be easier for us than bringing a carry-on bag as we had planned on packing all our clothes into large suitcases for the flights and checking bags.

We cruise as 3, wife, daughter (8) and I. We each have a small roller that fits in a planes overhead. Plus my wife and I each grab a bag to carry quick to get things like books, paperwork, carry-on bottles of wine etc. My daughter also has her smaller school backpack. When moving we all roll our bags with the other resting on top. This is everything for the 7-10 days we are gone. With this set up there is never a need to check anything at the airport or at the Port ( no need to tip porters), plus we never have to wait for luggage or fear it will go missing.

We cruise as 3, wife, daughter (8) and I. We each have a small roller that fits in a planes overhead. Plus my wife and I each grab a bag to carry quick to get things like books, paperwork, carry-on bottles of wine etc. My daughter also has her smaller school backpack. When moving we all roll our bags with the other resting on top. This is everything for the 7-10 days we are gone. With this set up there is never a need to check anything at the airport or at the Port ( no need to tip porters), plus we never have to wait for luggage or fear it will go missing.

Okay wow, that's impressive! There is no way I can get two teenage daughters in carry-on....oh who am I kidding, there's no way I can pack in a carry-on! :-)