How late can I book & still get a midships cabin?

QE2 fan

Yet another question about my forthcoming trip :) Due to circumstances beyond my control, I want to book the Aug/Sep crossings next year as late as possible. How likely is that I'll be able to get a midships cabin even in the spring of next year? Also are prices usually higher the later you leave it? I have previously always booked a year or more in advance.

Yet another question about my forthcoming trip :) Due to circumstances beyond my control, I want to book the Aug/Sep crossings next year as late as possible. How likely is that I'll be able to get a midships cabin even in the spring of next year? Also are prices usually higher the later you leave it? I have previously always booked a year or more in advance.

That's a popular time to cross at the end of the summer. I should think three to four months out you might still get a mid-ship cabin. But, you can just continue to check every so often by going on the Cunard website or any cruise broker online and see what the mid-ship cabin availability is and gauge it.

Jonathan

Edited by cruiserking

Some late promotional fares are sold only with a guarantee. To be honest, if a midship cabin becomes available due to a cancellation I would hope an early booker would get upgraded to it and not a latecomer. Nothing personal but those who pay more should get more.

Friends booked in late June for late September 2013 and they were able to select a mid-ships cabin on deck 4. I had discussed where they needed to be for stability because my friend was worried about seasickness.