Size and age requirements on Enchantment

momto2js

I am booked to take my boys 4 and 6 on Enchantment in February. I thought I had gotten all the details right when I booked it, but each time I get the details about the things my kids will want to do, they come up short. It will be too cold for me to get in the water to do the "water park stuff" at coco. My kids are 46 and 47 inches tall. They are going to want to do flow rider and the rockwall. "Fun for all ages" trampoline now appears to be everyone 6 and up.

Am I in for a week where I have to tell my youngest he cant do anything?? Can you fill me in on the minimum ages and heights for the activities on Enchantment?

There is no flow rider on Enchantment, and I don't recall any age limit on the rock wall.

EDIT: Just found an article that lists the minimum age of 6 years for the rock wall.

Edited by clarea

The Rock Walls are not designed for little kids, and the age is 6 and even at age 6, it would not be an easy task. There is no flowrider on the Enchantment of the Seas, and if there was, the force of the water, would make a 4 year old go flying - literally!! The trampoline needs to have some weight on a body to work, so the the 4 year old would be too light. However all the ships in RCCL have age appropriate activities that he should have a blast enjoying. On a side note, you might as well get used to telling your 4 year old, that he is not big enough yet. You have many more years of saying this, to at least the middle school years!!! We all have done this.

Forgot to mention, the water tempature is between 73 and 82 so it is perfect for swimming!

Edited by Havingfun2010

The Enchantment has one of the nicest pool decks for a ship its size. There are two regular pools and a splash area. The splash area is the round space at the far end of the pool deck. It is not a pool. Water shoots out like a fountain from several places on the floor and there is a round silver fountain in the middle.

We saw many kids playing in this while parents sat around the main pool and the nearby bar. [note my pic is before the refurb--so, the coloring of some areas may have changed.]

P3280090_zps079b846f.jpg

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

I guess I am lucky that my kids are generally the same size. My 4 year old is the size of most 6 year old. I am taking the kids alone on this trip, I need to make sure it isn't a trip where DS4 and I sit around and watch DS 7 do everything. There isn't another adult to take him somewhere else.

I am assming ocean water will be too cool for us but the pool will be ok. Both kids are strong swimmers.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

It will be too cold for me to get in the water to do the "water park stuff" at coco.

It depends. We were there in January one year and it was very cool and windy. The next January it was in the mid to high 80's and the water was beautiful and refreshing. I think it's like springtime in the Northeast - you have different weather everyday.

IMHO, I wouldn't book anything until the morning of. I remember feeling sorry for the people who booked wave runners the first year. I would not have wanted to be in the water.

I am booked to take my boys 4 and 6 on Enchantment in February. I thought I had gotten all the details right when I booked it, but each time I get the details about the things my kids will want to do, they come up short. It will be too cold for me to get in the water to do the "water park stuff" at coco. My kids are 46 and 47 inches tall. They are going to want to do flow rider and the rockwall. "Fun for all ages" trampoline now appears to be everyone 6 and up.

Am I in for a week where I have to tell my youngest he cant do anything?? Can you fill me in on the minimum ages and heights for the activities on Enchantment?

No flow rider in EN at all. the rock wall is probably not even safe/appropriate for the older child either.

chances are they will be just fine in they Kids club anyway and won't even notice/miss the other stuff