size of bottles purchased for in room use?

akacake

I agree the prices are reasonable for a liter/litre bottle. We will have a bottle of Bombay Sapphire waiting for us in our stateroom when we depart on the 1st. We will carry on the diet tonic water DW requires and a supply of limes.

That plus our two bottle carry on of sparkling wine should cover a couple of in-room/balcony cocktails each day. Add some wine for dinner and we're set.

I agree the prices are reasonable for a liter/litre bottle. We will have a bottle of Bombay Sapphire waiting for us in our stateroom when we depart on the 1st. We will carry on the diet tonic water DW requires and a supply of limes.

That plus our two bottle carry on of sparkling wine should cover a couple of in-room/balcony cocktails each day. Add some wine for dinner and we're set.

I like your thinking!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We always buy a couple of bottles for our cabin -- like sitting out on the verandah and people watch while having a cocktail.

The bottles are 1 liter size and a very good price compared to what we have to pay at home plus we can only get 5th's -- no liter bottles in our liquor stores which are state owned. Can't buy alcohol in a grocery store here.

My husband and I wanted to get Stoli and Seagrams 7 for the room but were afraid the prices might be high ordering through the ship. We were pleasantly surprised at how reasonable they were, especially for the liters. I work in a wine and spirits store here in Kansas part time and the prices are only a little above what we would pay retail without my discount.

Sorry if this is too off topic but I'm hoping I can find some Ginger Beer in Ft. Lauderdale so I can make Moscow Mules (my favorite cocktail). Anyone know if the stores in the harbor shops area on 17th street carry ginger beer? (we especially like Fentimans or Fevertree but can be flexible) I can make due with tonic or cranberry juice for mixers but would love to have a mule before dinner.

Is there a limit on the number of bottles of wine we can bring if we board next month? We're not huge drinkers but on a 2-week cruise, it would be nice to bring more than two of our favorites to dinner or to have in our cabin.

Is there a limit on the number of bottles of wine we can bring if we board next month? We're not huge drinkers but on a 2-week cruise, it would be nice to bring more than two of our favorites to dinner or to have in our cabin.

The new wine policy doesn't go into affect until January 31, 2014 (and even then it may be tweeked a little).

Up until then there is no limit as to the amount of wine you can take onto a HAL ship.

There is an $18 corkage fee per bottle whenever you take your own wine to the dining room or any bar/lounge.

thank you for the info :)

Sounds like we will be ordering at least one bottle for each of us...

what is the red "sail away" wine like? what "type" of red wine is it?

I don't remember the type - but don't consider it wonderful.

We did order the Chef Rudi specialty ones in red and white and they were quite good - around $35 per bottle if memory serves :D