Yost Van Dyke

Beachbum1944

Several years ago my wife and I stayed at the Ritz, We took an all day sail to Jost Van Dyke to Foxy's for lunch and hanging out. It was a great time but I don't think it would be possible due to time constraints when cruising. If you can figure out a way please let us know.

The ferry schedule doesn't work for most cruisers because it departs Red Hook at 8AM and returns to Red Hook at 3, 4, or 5:30 PM depending on the day of the week. So you would need to dock at 7AM and leave port at least 3 hours after the return time (to allow for customs on St John and the taxi back to the port).

There are outfits in Red Hook and in Sapphire Marina that will transport you, try researching these at vinow dot com or try searching the St Thomas forum on tripadvisor dot com for reports from others who have hired outfits out of Sapphire.

And the Dolphin Water Taxi is another option, I believe they depart Red Hook 9AM and depart JVD 4PM so you'd need to be in port until at least 7PM fort that one. But they also cater to your time frame if you have at least 4 ppl to book I believe. Their e-mail is

info@dolphinshuttle.com

http://www.dolphinshuttle.com/jostvandyke.html