Some Early Build Photos of the Britannia

need2cruisesoon

Hi Presto2. our cabin number is B724,and hopefully we too have a large balcony that's the reason we booked it. Unfortunately so far we are not on Britannia till Oct/Nov 2015 but you never know;) fortunately we do have Oct/Nov 2014 Azura 28 days S/Hampton- Caribbean to look forward to. Our roll call is also very quiet perhaps people are waiting till nearer the time to book. We had no option to ensure our return flight back to Glasgow we had to book first day cruise went on sale, actually we had pre-registered in advance and even when we received the phone call at 8.10am on the 26th from P&O we still did not get our first choice of cabin Reason being that cabin was not allocated to the Saturday departures from Barbados. Never mind I'm sure we will be happy in our second choice.

Have a lovely cruise on the Oceana.:)

Pat

Hi, sorry we didn't reply to this - have only just seen it as we were in Southampton on the 18th :D

I love to look at these new photos - like you we have great views of our aft cabin. I remember the excitement when we had booked the Silhouette and the fun of the build up to her first cruise and watching our cabin 'come alive'!

We're hoping that we have booked a good cabin - somewhere to retreat to when it is manic on a sea day. Have just read that the Britannia holds 30% more passengers than the Silhouette ----- that is one big ship !

Oh well - many days to go yet before we board :)

I have only cruised on Azura and Ventura so far but am cruising on Oriana in November and can't wait to see what she is like! I must admit I do love the idea of the Prom deck going all the way round on Oriana and also think her stern looks beautiful.

I don't think I will be going on Britannia next year (but who knows!) But I can't wait to see the reviews when people start coming back from their cruise :)

Looks wonderful to me, but looking at the deck plans, can't see where over 3,600 passengers are going to go on sea days, and there doesn't seem to be much deck space for sun-bathing.

You are meant to stay on your Juliet balconies ;) As ships get bigger the volume increases but the top deck space does not increase in proportion, hence less deck space per passenger. Then you have essentially zero promenade deck space as one side is attached to the Glasshouse and the other to Java.. that side will be packed with smokers too :rolleyes:

I am trying Britannia for a week next year and have booked the biggest balcony on the ship, the Lido deck. My inside single is just yards from there :D

Looks wonderful to me, but looking at the deck plans, can't see where over 3,600 passengers are going to go on sea days, and there doesn't seem to be much deck space for sun-bathing.

That's why we've booked an aft cabin with a large balcony ;)

Over the weekend Britannia was moved from her berth just outside of the dry dock to the final outfitting pier.

14094535318_27056347e9_b.jpg

14094534998_2464f339c0_b.jpg

14094534778_8e4c630716_b.jpg

14280780274_1d23e65ed8_b.jpg

14094534988_a771186631_b.jpg

14094534588_b34b6d95b4_b.jpg

(Credit pictures to Maurizio Zanolla)

Many Thanks for providing the Outstanding Photos...especially the ones with their shadows in the water!