Question for Platinum cruisers

bills blasters

I will be Platinum on our upcoming cruise on the Liberty.

I was wondering what all I can expect. I know there is something about Laundry, but not sure how much. Will there be something in our room telling us about that perk. Also, will we get to double that since both DH and I will be platinum.

I know we get to board early and leave the ship early.

I have read about some goodies delivered to our room. What is that about usually?

Can't wait till next week to see how it feels to be platinum.

Claudia

Laundry - Each person will get 3 free small bags of laundry. (Or is it 2 on a 7 day cruise?)

You will get some cookies/choc covered strawberries one day.

You will each get a platinum gift. Used to be a Tervis tumbler. Possibly a bag of some sort.

If you have tender ports, you get to bypass the tender line.

Enjoy your cruise!

Keep in mind that you will only get one plate of the chocolate covered strawberries/cookies, even though you're both platinum. Doesn't seem fair, but that's what they do. I'm not sure if the free laundry gets doubled, but be prepared for it to not be. On my last cruise, I noticed a $45 credit on my account. I at first thought that I had received some sort of on-board credit for some reason. I was wrong. That $45 was to cover the 3 small bags of laundry at $15 each. And if I didn't use it all(which I only did one bag), I lose the remaining credit at the end of the cruise. So just be aware that that $45 credit is not extra money to spend. It can only be used for the 3 bags of laundry.

Laundry is done in huge machine in very hot water. Each perosns stuff is done in a net bag with lots of other peoples stuff in their net bags and we have had very good results.

Dw would not put anything delicate in their laundry.

Now we just take one large suitcase instead of two.

Laundry is done in huge machine in very hot water. Each perosns stuff is done in a net bag with lots of other peoples stuff in their net bags and we have had very good results.

So agree with this. Never send anything considered delicate. They wash everything together in the net bags, whites and colors, with other peoples bags, so just be aware.

The charge on your sail and sign, then taking it back off again, is just their way of accounting so they can keep track of laundry charges. I haven't had a charge of $45, just $15 then credit for the same amount.

If you have questions about the laundry when you get on board, just ask your cabin steward. I was clueless on my Platinum cruise, except for the fact that I got free laundry.

Enjoy!

I’m still a little bit sour…on my last cruise (when I turned Platinum) there was no mention of the free laundry onboard. You would’ve thought they would have given you the bags with a note stating the laundry benefit. Nothing! Funny…every other Carnival cruise I’ve ever taken, they’ve left those bags in my room with the price list, EXCEPT for the one where I should have gotten the bags for free. Now, I realize I could have inquired with the room steward, but I didn’t realize I didn’t receive the bags until late in the cruise (at which point there was no reason to stress the issue).

On our TA we sent a load of our whites to laundry and got back light grays. We still use the laundry but be aware of potential risks. Mentioned it to a couple we met on the ship just as a mention and they said it has happened to them that they come back with a tint. You stuff is put in with a ton of others and if someone has a color mixed in, you get a tint.

On our TA we sent a load of our whites to laundry and got back light grays. We still use the laundry but be aware of potential risks. Mentioned it to a couple we met on the ship just as a mention and they said it has happened to them that they come back with a tint. You stuff is put in with a ton of others and if someone has a color mixed in, you get a tint.

So far my whites have come back whiter than white but there is always that chance.

When you get to the building at the Port of Miami and are standing looking at the building, head to your left to the end of the building.. There on the side is where you will start your Platinum Journey :) A Carnival Staff member will ask to see your boarding passes and then you will walk right on it to Security.

Very important... make sure your luggage tags all say PRIORITY. This is important because not only are you allowed to go directly to your cabin but your luggage should be one of the first to arrive there too...

Have a great time and please come back and tell us about the "new" Carnival Liberty.. I am cruising her in February again but would love to hear about her "facelift"!!!

I’m still a little bit sour…on my last cruise (when I turned Platinum) there was no mention of the free laundry onboard. You would’ve thought they would have given you the bags with a note stating the laundry benefit. Nothing! Funny…every other Carnival cruise I’ve ever taken, they’ve left those bags in my room with the price list, EXCEPT for the one where I should have gotten the bags for free. Now, I realize I could have inquired with the room steward, but I didn’t realize I didn’t receive the bags until late in the cruise (at which point there was no reason to stress the issue).

They don't leave special bags for the free laundry. A bag and a price/inventory list is in the drawer in the vanity. It's the same for non-Platinum laundry too.

If you need additional bags you have to ask your cabin steward. You should fill out the inventory form and write PLATINUM on the bag.

When there are two Platinums in the same cabin, they want the first 3 bags charged to one folio number then the next 3 charged to the 2nd folio number.

My sister and I roll our laundry and can easily fit 4 capris and several t-shirts in the same bag.

Thanks everyone. This really helps. I had kind of figured that about not washing delicates on the ship. I don't dry a lot of our clothes in the dryer at home, so would never dare have it done in those hot dryers. It will be nice for the underclothes, and stuff that can get thrown in the dryer.

I was mainly curious if they would have a form in the ship that explained how many bags of laundry we could use, and the procedure.

My luggage tags do say priority, and I know we have to make sure the luggage handler tags them special. We had FTTF on our last cruise and I remember he put a different sticker on our luggage so we would get them earlier.

Claudia

The laundry bag will be in desk drawer or closet. Fill out the list, put name, cabin number. I write Platinum across it and they charge me $15 then remove the charge--they keep up with how much is used that way. Put the list into the bag--keep a note of what you sent since you don't get a copy of the list--and all the clothes. Leave bag outside door or leave in cabin for steward to take. I check priority, same day service and get it back by about 7pm.

Clothes have come back very clean and nicely folded.

Last cruise I never got my treats. Forgot all about them. Gave the Tervis to a lady I played trivia with and she didn't seem very appreciative. At one point I told her forget it and told her to give it to her mom who played trivia too. Yesterday I dropped mine and it broke and I was sorry all over I gave mine away!

They don't leave special bags for the free laundry. A bag and a price/inventory list is in the drawer in the vanity. It's the same for non-Platinum laundry too.

If you need additional bags you have to ask your cabin steward. You should fill out the inventory form and write PLATINUM on the bag.

When there are two Platinums in the same cabin, they want the first 3 bags charged to one folio number then the next 3 charged to the 2nd folio number.

My sister and I roll our laundry and can easily fit 4 capris and several t-shirts in the same bag.

Last time I rolled our laundry and was very surprised how much more fit in the bag. Sent one very full bag out and received two very full bags back.

Keep in mind that you will only get one plate of the chocolate covered strawberries/cookies, even though you're both platinum. Doesn't seem fair, but that's what they do. I'm not sure if the free laundry gets doubled, but be prepared for it to not be. On my last cruise, I noticed a $45 credit on my account. I at first thought that I had received some sort of on-board credit for some reason. I was wrong. That $45 was to cover the 3 small bags of laundry at $15 each. And if I didn't use it all(which I only did one bag), I lose the remaining credit at the end of the cruise. So just be aware that that $45 credit is not extra money to spend. It can only be used for the 3 bags of laundry.

We both had the $45 credit on our folios.

Thanks everyone. This really helps. I had kind of figured that about not washing delicates on the ship. I don't dry a lot of our clothes in the dryer at home, so would never dare have it done in those hot dryers. It will be nice for the underclothes, and stuff that can get thrown in the dryer.

I was mainly curious if they would have a form in the ship that explained how many bags of laundry we could use, and the procedure.

My luggage tags do say priority, and I know we have to make sure the luggage handler tags them special. We had FTTF on our last cruise and I remember he put a different sticker on our luggage so we would get them earlier.

Claudia

Congratulations, Claudia, on your Platinum cruise. We reached Platinum last year with our B2B - #9 & #10. We were lucky as they gave us Platinum status on #9 since it was a B2B. I was very surprised. This year will be especially nice because they have FTTF on Liberty. When we cruised Freedom last year, FTTF was not on that ship so we didn't get to enjoy going to our cabin early.

If I'm not mistaken, this is your 2nd B2B, correct? This next January will be our 3rd B2B and I'm planning on booking B2B for January 2015.

I made platinum on the Liberty this summer! we asked our cabin steward for the bags and asked him what to do. sent the bags out in the morning and came back that day. I wash all my laundry in the same load at home so it couldn't be much worse on the ship! LOL

The laundry bag will be in desk drawer or closet. Fill out the list, put name, cabin number. I write Platinum across it and they charge me $15 then remove the charge--they keep up with how much is used that way. Put the list into the bag--keep a note of what you sent since you don't get a copy of the list--and all the clothes. Leave bag outside door or leave in cabin for steward to take. I check priority, same day service and get it back by about 7pm.

Clothes have come back very clean and nicely folded.

Last cruise I never got my treats. Forgot all about them. Gave the Tervis to a lady I played trivia with and she didn't seem very appreciative. At one point I told her forget it and told her to give it to her mom who played trivia too. Yesterday I dropped mine and it broke and I was sorry all over I gave mine away!

Get that Tervis out of the garbage can. I am fairly certain that Tervis will replace it free of charge if you send it back to them with a note. They'll even put the Carnival logo back in there for you.