"X" increase on board service charge

VK3DQ

Hi Folks

As part of the on going issues with the "X" website some time ago a small additional amount was added to my reservation after I had made the final payment. On contacting "X" in Australia the said they were unable to see this amount and I was to ignore it , and sent me information by e-mail saying my account was fully paid. End of the story or so I thought , so you can imagine I was not very impressed when I received by e-mail an account for $3-12c not a huge amount but something that should not have happened after the cruise was fully paid for.

So I contacted them on the phone and after explaining they rather gruffly said they would wipe off the extra charge.

This is not a matter of money , $3-12c is neither here or there however the principal is what concerned me.

The extra charges are due to a small increase in the on board service charge which seems to have slipped in under the radar whilst their website has been in a state of confusion

Has anyone else had this issue ??? and how was it dealt with?

Best regards

John

Hi Folks

As part of the on going issues with the "X" website some time ago a small additional amount was added to my reservation after I had made the final payment. On contacting "X" in Australia the said they were unable to see this amount and I was to ignore it , and sent me information by e-mail saying my account was fully paid. End of the story or so I thought , so you can imagine I was not very impressed when I received by e-mail an account for $3-12c not a huge amount but something that should not have happened after the cruise was fully paid for.

So I contacted them on the phone and after explaining they rather gruffly said they would wipe off the extra charge.

This is not a matter of money , $3-12c is neither here or there however the principal is what concerned me.

The extra charges are due to a small increase in the on board service charge which seems to have slipped in under the radar whilst their website has been in a state of confusion

Has anyone else had this issue ??? and how was it dealt with?

Best regards

John

sometimes the taxes could go up or down so it could be that

I heard of very similar things happening to a number of people on RCL (which had the same upgrade at the same time as Celebrity).

It's in a number of threads but here's one here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1935684

So, on the reassuring side, you are not alone (and it's not specific to Australian bookings either).

sometimes the taxes could go up or down so it could be that

Hi

No it was not taxes it was a small increase in the "Gratuities" or on board service charge amount

Best Regards

john

When we were boarding RCI Independence of the Seas last June, we were told to go to a different section as we owed a small amount of money for our cruise. After inquiring what it was for, we were told that they couldn't find the reason and to forget it! As a result of this our boarding process was delayed.