NCL Jewel 4539 and Alaska

airlink diva

My parents just booked on the NCL Jewel for Alaska late June 2014.

My father booked cabin 4539 which look like it's on the end of a small hallway.

Have anyone had this cabin during a cruise?

Is it near a service door or crew entrance door?

I've never cruised with NCL neither have my parents, so my knowledge of the cabins is nil.

Any info is helpful

According to the NCL deck plans, 4539 is in the middle of a interior "loop" hallway:

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/jewel/decks/2/4#tab_detail

According to cruise advice dot org, all but staterooms on this deck except 4500-05 have staterooms above them, making for quieter accommodations than if there were, say, a restaurant or showroom above them. OTOH, no telling what the 'white area' to starboard of that short row of cabins is -- Laundry maybe? there could be some noise from whatever crew work area that is, unless is it is crew quarters (?) dunno where they get to sleep!

Maybe someone who has stayed in that general area will pipe up.

According to the NCL deck plans, 4539 is in the middle of a interior "loop" hallway:

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/jewel/decks/2/4#tab_detail

According to cruise advice dot org, all but staterooms on this deck except 4500-05 have staterooms above them, making for quieter accommodations than if there were, say, a restaurant or showroom above them. OTOH, no telling what the 'white area' to starboard of that short row of cabins is -- Laundry maybe? there could be some noise from whatever crew work area that is, unless is it is crew quarters (?) dunno where they get to sleep!

Maybe someone who has stayed in that general area will pipe up.

Thanks! I feel that it's somewhere with alot of noise. I saw a review on another NCL ship, with same cabin number and they stated issues with the crew moving trolleys and on the last night the moving of the baggage. This is why I'm trying to show him issues where he can change the cabin now instead of being stuck with a bad cabin.