Castaway Cay and Key West in December

ThinkOne

We were at Castaway Cay December 20th last year. I thought the water was a little too chilly but there were some hardy souls in the water (before the storm swept through and dropped the temperature about 20 degrees - then I saw nobody in the water).

77bc2f84-af2d-4a34-83df-f8fff90162ff_zps2d2ce67a.jpg[/url][/img]

Edited by Scrapnana

The water at CC will be warmer than Lake Michigan. :)

That is all I can guarantee.

The wind should be less, but don't count on it. lol

At this time of year anything is possible regarding temps.

CC water temps in Dec. 68 - 78 F

CC airtemp in Dec. 66 -85 F

Wishing you the best temps in December.

:)

Our first cruise was the 2nd week of Dec 2009. I'm a Southern girl and I don't do cold, lol but I was able to get use to it. Yes, it was a bit chilly at first but I did get use to it quite quickly. OTOH, it was too cold this past March for myself. My husband and son got in, along with quite a few other people but I couldn't get past my knees!

Which week are you going? We'll be going the week before Christmas. We went last year as well, but not to Key West or Castaway. And didn't go in the water. so I'm no help, just wondering which cruise!

We've gone during Thanksgiving in the past and the water was always great.

we thought the water just fine during a Dec cruise. A CM who did the stingray excursion was bundled up and said he was freezing. It was in the high 60's early in the morning at the time.

OP u might want to invest in the rash-guard type shirts. we wear them even in the summer when snorkeling since the wind can give a good chill when on a small boat.

i'm hoping for same sort of weather upcoming for our trip mid January.

Edited by keishashadow

The water shouldn't be too cold. It will only have cooled off a little since the summer as there won't have been much cool weather yet. The winter is just starting so you can have days in the 80's (most likely) or 60's or anywhere in between. The water will be colder in Jan, Feb and March but really not as cold as the ocean up north in the summer.