Pre-paying Daily Service Charges

Funsince1983

I'm currently trying to pre-pay our daily service charges for our Gem cruise on January 20, 2014 - when I click on the tab to do it, it's telling me "We are unable to display this option at this time." We've made final payment, did I need to do this before then? Or is this like specialty reservations and I need to wait till 45 days out? Was hoping to take care of this before sailing, appreciate any advice! Thanks!

I'm currently trying to pre-pay our daily service charges for our Gem cruise on January 20, 2014 - when I click on the tab to do it, it's telling me "We are unable to display this option at this time." We've made final payment, did I need to do this before then? Or is this like specialty reservations and I need to wait till 45 days out? Was hoping to take care of this before sailing, appreciate any advice! Thanks!

Probably a glitch.....and yes..you can prepay DSC after final payment-I have done it..

If you are booked through a TA, there is a good chance that you must pay the DSC through them - there are some reports that people having booked through a TA have succeeded paying through MyNCL but I never have when I've booked through one, it must depend on the TA if it's possible or not.

But as previous poster said, it's completely ok to prepay DSC after final payment, no worries there. Also it has nothing to do with the availability of making reservations.

Was your cruise booked through CAS or through a TA? Most times it can't be done online if that's the case and you have to call to do so.

Harriet

I booked through NCL using a PCC, I made final payment online. I know it has nothing to do with the availability of making reservations just didn't know if there was a "time frame" on it like making reservations. I'll give my PCC a call on Monday, I can wait. Not the end of the world. :D

Thanks everyone!

Was your cruise booked through CAS or through a TA? Most times it can't be done online if that's the case and you have to call to do so.

Harriet

just an fyi--I had booked with CAS--and could pay DSC online....guess like with most things on the NCL site..it is luck of the draw..:rolleyes:

just an fyi--I had booked with CAS--and could pay DSC online....guess like with most things on the NCL site..it is luck of the draw..:rolleyes:

Hmmmm, and I never could! LOL

Harriet

I couldn't previously, but just did....today.

Stephen

We have ALWAYS booked with a TA and some times we can pre-pay using the online button and other times we can't and have to call them to pay it. I don't know why the website only works 1/2 the time.

A few cruises ago, I booked 2 rooms and was able to pay for 1 of them online and had to call to pay the other (2 separate bookings, booked at the same time, with the same person, under 2 different names, using the same cc number...go figure.)

I would just give them a call. They can do it over the phone with no problems.

Sorry, what's the daily service charge? Is this your tipping?

Yep. $12 per person per day.

Just remembered my PCC is on vacation this week, I have his personal cell number, but I'm not calling him over this while he's on his own time. I guess it shall wait an extra week. I may be calling him to book my dad & stepmom on our cruise in which case I'll ask, if not, it'll wait.