For those who have booked a guarantee...

Did you end up with the first cabin they assigned you? Or were you changed before sailing?

We booked a guarantee and were assigned a cabin right away. I'm just wondering what the chances of us actually remaining in that cabin are.

Thanks!:)

We have been on two cruises in which we booked a guarantee. We also received our assignments early and were never changed. We have read on these boards that once you receive your assignment, it will not change.

Tim & Crystal

Speaking of guarantees...

I hardly ever see them on the on-line TA web sites... are they not available on every cruise? Do they tend to disappear as an option when you get closer to the sail date? I tend to look at cruises that aren't really that far out.

Theron

Speaking of guarantees...

I hardly ever see them on the on-line TA web sites... are they not available on every cruise? Do they tend to disappear as an option when you get closer to the sail date? I tend to look at cruises that aren't really that far out.

Theron

Theron,

I think they sell out pretty early. We're still over three months out and some of the guarantees are sold out on our ship.

I requested a change and got it, I booked a guarantee balcony for my october cruise and they gave me a horrible location, I went on their site and looked at the available cabins and requested the change and they gave it to me (as long as its the same cabin type)

Theron

I think, and this is just my opinion, that the reason you do not see guarantees on the internet travel agencies is due to the reduced amount of commission due to prices being lowered and more importantly, because the guarantees come and go. RCL may have them for a short period of time and just as soon as the agency gets them on their site, they are over.

Tim

We had originally booked a numbered cabin, but didn't like the location so when I saw a guaranee became available I went for it. It has been several weeks and we still do not have a cabin assigned (when I go to the RCCL website it still says that I have a guarantee room). I'm hoping we get some sort of cabin number before we get to the pier....but at least ours has stayed consistent- no room assigned....

Well, we are paying that tomorrow so I guess I may not have long to wait....Here's hoping the upgrade fairy visits all those with a guarantee (except on my sailing where she has to visit me first!:D )

Yep, as soon as we paid in full, our room was assigned within 24 hours. So you should know soon! :)

We will be sailing on JOS in September and RCCL announced guaranee$$ for every cat. about 2 months ago and it posted on just about every website. Ship is not booked yet. The price difference was about $300+ pp between specific cabin and guarantee in the same cat. So, I changed it. $600.00 - too much to pass up. That will pay for tips and some...

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update....

We made our final payment over a week ago (July 15th) and still haven't gotten a room assignment. The ship is pretty much booked though.... Our category is booked and a family ocenview room is open, but that's three categories above our guarantee.... guess we'll see!

WBC

We are going to Alaska on Serenade in August. I booked the cruise on Travelocity only 8 weeks from sail date. I purchased a guaranteed oceanview room on the fifth deck.

I received my room assignment about a week and a half later and they had upgraded me to the 7th deck with a balcony room.:)

Michelle

Ok, so still no room assignment. My TA says that it usually doesn't happen until you get to the pier..... seems that some of you have had different experiences than me. Also, wanted to ask if you look up your reservation on RCCL and see that it still shows a guarantee as the cabin assignment, how can I tell that they have my payment in full posted? We have the receipt from the TA but nothing on our reservation online says "paid in full" is there a way to verify that the TA sent the charge through or just checking our CC statement is enough? Any help here?

Thanks

WBC

we have a gty booked in oct- made final payment last friday- still no room assignment- have heard various things as well on getting the room assignment - not til pier, or after final payment, or within a few days of booking-

hope all the gty 'ers' get big visits from upgrade fairy!!!!

Ok, so still no room assignment. My TA says that it usually doesn't happen until you get to the pier..... seems that some of you have had different experiences than me. Also, wanted to ask if you look up your reservation on RCCL and see that it still shows a guarantee as the cabin assignment, how can I tell that they have my payment in full posted? We have the receipt from the TA but nothing on our reservation online says "paid in full" is there a way to verify that the TA sent the charge through or just checking our CC statement is enough? Any help here?

Thanks

WBC

Unless you book online with RCI you won't see any payment info. Check your cc statement for the payment.

Call Royal Caribbean directly yourself with your BOOKING NUMBER and ask them if your travel agent paid your final payment yet. They will tell you that information most times, they may not tell you your room assignment if you booked a Guarantee but they should be able to tell you if you are paid in full or not. Tell them you had a bad experience before and just want to double check that the final payment has been paid.

After you get that information you can even try and see if you have a cabin number yet, some of the RCCL agents will give out that info too even though you didn't book directly with RCCL.

Good Luck

Jimbo:)

Ok, so we will ignore the fact that the customer service lady was very rude on the phone... but just in case someone else runs into this issue. She is not allowed to confirm or deny that a final payment has gone through. HOWEVER, I then asked, "Since we are past the final deadline for payment and my reservation is still visible online, can I assume it is not cancelled?" She said that it was not cancelled. To which I replied, "Therefore if it hadn't been paid you would have cancelled it and she said yes..." Therefore, my TA must have paid it.... see that Logic class from college came in handy for once!:D

Yes we know they aren't allow to say alot of things to you if you didn't booked directly with RCCL but sometimes you catch someone there having a good day and they tell you everything.

I bet if you call again you get someone there with a whole different attitude.

Try It, you'll see what I mean....... Seem's no one there is trained the same way. Just depends what mood they are in when you call. Calling just before the offices close to is a good time. Maybe they get tired and just aren't sure what info they are giving out. lol

Jimbo:)

We booked an outside guarantee on our Alaska cruise last summer. They initially put us in a room with a port hole window. We called them and said that we were lead to believe it would be a full window when we booked just to see what they would do. And they moved us to a cabin with a full size window. It never hurts to ask.

Archived