2.0 conversion

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

Reading a few of your threads..... It seems to me you are all worked up about something you have not yet experienced. I like the 2.0 upgrades. My whole family of 6 like the upgrades. We all love Guys and the Blue Iguana. I am not a Carnival cheerleader. But you just need to relax and enjoy the cruise. It will be fine. Give it a try and form your own opinion. Don't go in with a negative attitude or your mind already made up.

You will enjoy the cruise.

I'm just old school. I thought Carnival was near perfect the way it was. Haven't sailed a 2.0 ship yet (I will in January) but I just wonder why they felt the need to change what was already very good in my opinion

the 2.0 does make the food better. Now if they would only do something about the entertainment.

Our first two cruises were aboard Fantasy class ships, but I'll get to check out some of the new features next week on the Breeze. We're booked on the Paradise early next year. I expect that I'll enjoy some of the new venues on the Breeze but that I'll have a great time on both cruises.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Will ALL Carnival ships eventually be converted? Or will some be spared?

Part of the equation is the ability to make a $$$ return on the investment in making the upgrades. The Fantasy class ships, being older, may not receive many of these due to their age. But with CCL, who knows at this point?

Why do people keep harping about Dream? Dream is Dream, it's own identity. It's not Liberty, not Breeze, not Sunshine. Hamburgers don't make a ship great.

As far as I know Dream was only ship to only get a few parts of 2.0. BTW dont think I have said this in months.

Had a great cruise on Dream but the facts are the facts.

As far as I know Dream was only ship to only get a few parts of 2.0. BTW dont think I have said this in months.

Had a great cruise on Dream but the facts are the facts.

I used the word "people" . Why would they rebuild a new ship? I think Dream is an entirely different layout than the others. What would they do with the Thalasso pool, for instance?

I would doubt that all of the Fantasy class ships will get 2.0. I can see Carnival replacing them slowly instead.

I cannot argue your logic. That being said, Carnival NLT has one new ship on order to be delivered before 2017. Does not sound like they are in a hurry to replace the fantasy class. They still reform well in their market.

Agreed! Playlist Productions are horrid...I want a show band and singers / dancers with real sets.

I cna't argue with you on either assessment. When we were on the Breeze (with you) and saw the HAsbro thing, I really thought it was a joke and they were going to launch into a real show.....:confused: