Car Rental in Port Canaveral

pamrose228

Looking to rent a car for the day in January when we dock in PC. Best rental companies for PC? Do they shuttle you or have a car rental at the port or d you need to get there on your own?

I found a Payless rental for $39 but I have no idea how far away from the pier it is.

TIA

Just got back from Port Canaval. All the rental car company's are located next to each other and they all offer shuttles back and forth. Once you get off the ship you walk to the left and you will see signs for rental car company shuttles. All the buses pull up to the same spot and they run every 30 min. It was very easy.

I rented with dollar because they were the cheapest but the guy at the counter plays games so read everything very carefully. I declined on the extra insurance and everyone heard me say no thanks you I have my own with my credit card company and also with my personal policy.

But when we returned my bill was 13.99 more then I was told and the guy said it was for the insurance. I said I told you I didn't want the insurance and he said to bad you signed for it.

He was very nasty. I call my cc company and they only paid what I was quoted.

Believe me it was not about the money it was the way the guy handled it.

all next to each other might give the wrong impression . . . they are not a line of counters like at the airport but all are on 1A except Payless

PCcarrentals_zps42265236.jpg

Payless is not shown, it is actually IN the port but for most cruisers that won't mean you can walk to the office because most ships visit the north piers and Payless is on the south side, near the old south terminals and the RonJon resort. Some visiting ships DO use this spot - currently GRANDURE OTS for example

All run shuttles DURING OPEN HOURS ... something you might want to check if a day visit . . .

Edited by Capt_BJ