Grandeur Gold Card Area

stompy

On Voyager and Liberty the specialty restaurants are right off the Windjammer and suite guests can eat there for breakfast or lunch. Also, there's a private dining room on Voyager that serves breakfast for Diamond folks and above.

What options, if any, does Great Gatsby have for Diamond Dining? Is it just the regular MDR? Since they have a Diamond Lounge now I guess they don't do specialty coffee in the MDR for breakfast any longer?

It has been years since we've been on Grandeur and never as suite nor diamond members. We're leaving in less than 2 weeks and would be interested to hear from others what options are available.

If you are in a suite, you can get a made-to-order breakfast in Chops. It is very nice and the times mirror when the MDR is open.

If you are diamond, you can get a continental breakfast every morning in the diamond lounge (off of the South Pacific Lounge).

You can get coffee, cappuccino, expresso in CL on Grandeur. They may also have a little spread for breakfast, I never got up there early enough to find out :D

The breakfast at Chops is awesome, but watch those MDR times. I got down there too late one morning, and missed it....lol

On Voyager and Liberty the specialty restaurants are right off the Windjammer and suite guests can eat there for breakfast or lunch. Also, there's a private dining room on Voyager that serves breakfast for Diamond folks and above.

What options, if any, does Great Gatsby have for Diamond Dining? Is it just the regular MDR? Since they have a Diamond Lounge now I guess they don't do specialty coffee in the MDR for breakfast any longer?

It has been years since we've been on Grandeur and never as suite nor diamond members. We're leaving in less than 2 weeks and would be interested to hear from others what options are available.

Gold cards get Chops for Breakfast. no lunch offering. no other private or separate eating areas in MDR or elsewhere. I highly recommend the chiorizo omelet. the eggs Benedict( not on the menu) could be ordered but the chef kept making the whites too runny. and the stuffed french toast s a good option if you need to go all day before eating again....

You can get coffee, cappuccino, expresso in CL on Grandeur. They may also have a little spread for breakfast, I never got up there early enough to find out :D

The breakfast at Chops is awesome, but watch those MDR times. I got down there too late one morning, and missed it....lol

yup. usual stuff although Chops has a larger spread of continental items.

Thanks folks we'll give it a try. We used to love Voyager for Portofino just for the peace and quiet at lunch, especially on embarkation day when the WJ can be nuts. My first cruise on RC was on Grandeur but of course I wasn't even gold back then and it was 10 years ago so I don't remember a lot about the setup other than the round WJ serving stations.

As usual, you guys are a font of knowledge.

Edited by stompy
sp.

Thanks folks we'll give it a try. We used to love Voyager for Portofino just for the peace and quiet at lunch, especially on embarkation day when the WJ can be nuts. My first cruise on RC was on Grandeur but of course I wasn't even gold back then and it was 10 years ago so I don't remember a lot about the setup other than the round WJ serving stations.

As usual, you guys are a font of knowledge.

Park Cafe is open for lunch, and I believe is missed by the non CC passengers...lol

Park Cafe is open for lunch, and I believe is missed by the non CC passengers...lol

word of warning though.. she doesn't open til 1 pm on embarkation day. so if you are looking to avoid the thundering hordes in the WJ( which also is not open as soon as you board if they start boarding before 1130) have a very big breakfast....

or show up closer to noon to board.

mmmm Beef on Weck.....:D

• 3 weeks later...