Questions about cheers & drink limit

SportsMomof4

We are going on the Breeze in 5 weeks. We are traveling with a friend who likes to drink A LOT. While he was over yesterday I explained the cheers program (DH & I did it last year) & told them there is a 15 drink limit per day. DH & I never came close to 15 drinks so I couldn't answer some of his questions.

Is this enforced? How likely are they to stop you after 15 drinks? Thanks.

We are going on the Breeze in 5 weeks. We are traveling with a friend who likes to drink A LOT. While he was over yesterday I explained the cheers program (DH & I did it last year) & told them there is a 15 drink limit per day. DH & I never came close to 15 drinks so I couldn't answer some of his questions.

I was just on the Carnival Ecstasy and had the package. The waiter on the computer sees how many drinks you have left of the 15 limit. I had the hardest time buying my friend a drink as we were sitting at a lido bar in front of the waiter who knew the drink was for my friend and not me. When I asked what I could do he shrugged his shoulders. I gave him a tip and I had one less drink toward the 15 limit. It is a problem the cruise lines will have to figure out. Surely they want people to buy drinks for friends from time to time. You have to sign for every drink as you have them. They are printed up as zero dollars and the extra gratuity option is also on the bill you sign. On your statement all drink purchased are record as zero dollars or if you gave an additional tip it shows. One thing I was not sure of but possibly for soda's, you just show the card and a drink allotment is not charged to your 15 limit but I can't speak from experience on that and it would be interesting to find out. As for the package, some days you will not get your daily outlay back but over the course of the cruise you will or at least come very close if you drink wine at meals is my experience.

Edited by ottawa2009

I was just on the Carnival Ecstasy and had the package. The waiter on the computer sees how many drinks you have left of the 15 limit. I had the hardest time buying my friend a drink as we were sitting at a lido bar in front of the waiter who knew the drink was for my friend and not me. When I asked what I could do he shrugged his shoulders. I gave him a tip and I had one less drink toward the 15 limit. It is a problem the cruise lines will have to figure out. Surely they want people to buy drinks for friends from time to time. You have to sign for every drink as you have them. They are printed up as zero dollars and the extra gratuity option is also on the bill you sign. On your statement all drink purchased are record as zero dollars or if you gave an additional tip it shows. One thing I was not sure of but possibly for soda's, you just show the card and a drink allotment is not charged to your 15 limit but I can't speak from experience on that and it would be interesting to find out. As for the package, some days you will not get your daily outlay back but over the course of the cruise you will or at least come very close if you drink wine at meals is my experience.

I don't think this is a problem that the cruise lines will have to figure out, I think it is a problem that Carnival will have to figure out, as I believe that they are the only line with a limit on their drinks.

Edited by uksimonusa

You cannot have buckets under the cheers program. I would recommend fosters oil cans as you get more beer. Yes the 15 limit is a strict limit.

While you cannot technically get buckets under cheers, you can " build " a bucket which is essentially the same. You can get a drink every 5 minutes so all you do is order a beer every 5 minutes and have the bartender leave them unopened, which they will do for you. If your friend likes Foster's he could get 15 of those a day, which is 25 ounces per can, or 30 regular beers plus 15 extra ounces :D. It would take a grand total of 15 minutes to build your bucket!

Edited by n6uqqq

I don't think this is a problem that the cruise lines will have to figure out, I think it is a problem that Carnival will have to figure out, as I believe that they are the only line with a limit on their drinks.

Interesting.

As for what happens after 15, I have seen two things. Some are able to then buy drinks and some are told they are cut off.

Also saw some suggest that one starts to pay for drinks after 14, to avoid the issue of getting completely cut off after 15, if they want to continue. 15 sure sounds like a lot if booze for one person. But on a sea day and personal saturation points, I guess some plan accordingly. Besides, I think there are is a thread or two in that topic. :-)

Yes the 15 drink limit is enforced, the computer will not let them go beyond that. Technically you can't get buckets of beer, but a good server will get you a bucket of beer. The server will give you a bucket and then run the beers individually when time allows, then bring you 4 receipts to sign.

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!

Yes 15 is the limit and you will be cut off. But there is nothing to prevent someone else buying a drink for you unless your behavior indicates that you are a danger to yourself or others. Which means you are drunk as skunk and out of control.

Edited by kcwingwalker

It is not being enforced fleet wide - unless you are referring to the 15 drinks included. After that you will need to pay out of pocket, provided you are not intoxicated and you are not ona ship that bans this.

Not every ship has the cheers, but the ones that do follow the same policy. 15 and you're done, you can not buy any drinks after that, you would need someone else to buy it for you.

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!

Interesting.

As for what happens after 15, I have seen two things. Some are able to then buy drinks and some are told they are cut off.

Also saw some suggest that one starts to pay for drinks after 14, to avoid the issue of getting completely cut off after 15, if they want to continue. 15 sure sounds like a lot if booze for one person. But on a sea day and personal saturation points, I guess some plan accordingly. Besides, I think there are is a thread or two in that topic. :-)

If you had Cheers and tried to pay for drinks at 14 to avoid the 15 drink limit would they not see your total for the day anyway on your card and cut you off? Or are they simply not interested in over serving and just set a limit because of the cost? I would like to get Cheers because I know it will save me me money. I tend to buy a few drinks throughout the day for people. I hope that I have that option of paying when I want and not having it count against my 15.

If you had Cheers and tried to pay for drinks at 14 to avoid the 15 drink limit would they not see your total for the day anyway on your card and cut you off? Or are they simply not interested in over serving and just set a limit because of the cost? I would like to get Cheers because I know it will save me me money. I tend to buy a few drinks throughout the day for people. I hope that I have that option of paying when I want and not having it count against my 15.

Once you buy the cheers it is noted on your account, that little cheers sticker they put on your S&S card is pointless. When they swipe your S&S card, or enter your folio number, it automatically deducts a drink from your 15. Trying to pay for drinks after 14 will not work.

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!

Once you buy the cheers it is noted on your account, that little cheers sticker they put on your S&S card is pointless. When they swipe your S&S card, or enter your folio number, it automatically deducts a drink from your 15. Trying to pay for drinks after 14 will not work.

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!

Many others are reporting ways they have been able to have over 15 drinks.

You read what people SAY works, you personally have no proof that what they say will work. So best of luck to you.

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!

You personally have no proof that I won't be able to get more than 15 on the Magic next week. So stop spreading false information unles you have proof that what you say is true.

You personally have no proof that I won't be able to get more than 15 on the Magic next week. So stop spreading false information unles you have proof that what you say is true.

What did I say that was false information ? I have done the cheers program, personally, I know what I said was true. I hope you can 60 or more drinks per day next week.

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!

It sounds like someone needs a nap. (Or a drink!)

D.

Edited by Texas_Divers

It was enforced with a wink on the Glory. When we ordered at a bar and were over 15 they told us we were over the limit but not to worry about it since they can't charge us for any drinks. This happened at both the Ea Bar and the Red Frog bar.

My fiancé and I are big drinkers and we brought the rum runners with us for when we reached our limit. He and I tried to reach the limit on the days at sea but honestly weren't able to. We always leave $1 tip for every drink. I think if you too well they will look the other way. Have fun! I'll be on the breeze in march!