Courtesy Hold Questions

APDMOM

We hope to take a cruise in December and tentatively put a hold on a cabin today. DH has to wait for leave approval. I put the courtesy hold down, since the cruise is almost sold out. The FO cabins are going on sale tomorrow...

My main question is: Will that new sale price be honored for our courtesy hold?

Additionally: Is the courtesy hold cancelled exactly 24 hours after it is placed, or is it cancelled a certain time of day?

Thanks in advance for any input from your experiences :)

No the sale price will not automatically be honored, the only thing you might accomplish is suspending that room until tomorrow. I have held them that way and then called and they cancel that reservation and transfer the cabin to the new reservation at the sale price.

Usually later in the day or during the day tomorrow a rep will call you and ask if they can assist you in the process.

That is my experience

Brian J

We hope to take a cruise in December and tentatively put a hold on a cabin today. DH has to wait for leave approval. I put the courtesy hold down, since the cruise is almost sold out. The FO cabins are going on sale tomorrow...

Additionally: Is the courtesy hold cancelled exactly 24 hours after it is placed, or is it cancelled a certain time of day?

They will drop you after 24 hours exactly! I put a hold on a Sat night and I should have booked it on Sunday, Monday morning I called after getting approval for the days off and they wouldn't honor it and the price was up so I was out of luck! Also the price is the price when the hold was put on . But if the price goes down rebook it but you won't get the same room until the first hold is dropped and it goes back in inventory. It's all very chancy!!! Good luck!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The Tuesday sales event is strictly for new bookings only.

You have probably lost the ability to book at the sales rate by putting that cabin on hold.

For some unknown reason, the Royal Caribbean booking computers treat a "courtesy hold" like a reservation. Therefore, the computer will refuse to give you a sales price since it won't be a new booking.

The Tuesday sales event is strictly for new bookings only.

You have probably lost the ability to book at the sales rate by putting that cabin on hold.

For some unknown reason, the Royal Caribbean booking computers treat a "courtesy hold" like a reservation. Therefore, the computer will refuse to give you a sales price since it won't be a new booking.

That is what I am unsure about. I was hoping this will be covered under the 48 hour price protection. I guess I will find out tomorrow.

If I have to pay the current booking price, I will just cancel the hold.

regarding the price my ta said they have a 24 price guarantee and he had taken advantage of that for me my last cruise my experience others might dispute that

That is what I am unsure about. I was hoping this will be covered under the 48 hour price protection. I guess I will find out tomorrow.

If I have to pay the current booking price, I will just cancel the hold.

The 48 hour price protection program does not apply to Royal Sales Events.

I needed a handicap cabin for my cruise and one became available on Friday.i put a 24 hold on it. the Tuesday sale available to book on Monday for C&A members had a much lower rate. I put another hold on the same cabin sat and did it again last night.

this am I called reservations and while I was on the phone i told them which cabin i needed I was able to cancel my hold reservation and booking number. they immediately picked up my released cabin for me at the Tuesday sale price. new booking number.

Thanks for all the input :)

As promised, I am reporting back on my experience: The hold was active from 6:30 a.m. yesterday. I just decided to cancel and see if I could rebook at the new price. It was therefore on hold for 36 hours. My guess is that it is still true that they hold the room for 1 day, until midnight the next. I was able to rebook a hold at the new price. DH hears tonight whether he is off, so then we can pay and cruise in 30 days :D