Choice Air promo SNT1

stompy

We tried to book choice air today but they said we have to pay the whole thing upfront and can't add it to our RC account. Has it always been this way? I had hoped to pay it off over the next few months since the cruise isn't till Oct of 2014 and now we will be faced with a $1300 bill each in December...

The SNT1 promo says we have to book by 12/15/13 to get the $1000 savings

We tried to book choice air today but they said we have to pay the whole thing upfront and can't add it to our RC account. Has it always been this way? I had hoped to pay it off over the next few months since the cruise isn't till Oct of 2014 and now we will be faced with a $1300 bill each in December...

Choice Air has always had a "Flex" pay option, where you can book your flights in advance only paying the Choice Air booking fee. The balance is due at cruise final payment time.

However, the promo you mention might preclude using the Flex payment.

The wife and I were looking at this promotion, and "funny" that the same cabin for a European cruise next fall went up 500 per person when this "deal" came out...so instead of booking we are still making our minds up on cruise line, price, etc...

Edited by Ty232301

Choice Air has always had a "Flex" pay option, where you can book your flights in advance only paying the Choice Air booking fee. The balance is due at cruise final payment time.

However, the promo you mention might preclude using the Flex payment.

So I called C&A and explained my situation. She was able to conference in the Choice Air folks and now magically they had a Flex Pay option available. It was $28 more but now I have 9 months to pay for it and it is fully refundable (less the Choice Air fee)

So I called C&A and explained my situation. She was able to conference in the Choice Air folks and now magically they had a Flex Pay option available. It was $28 more but now I have 9 months to pay for it and it is fully refundable (less the Choice Air fee)

That's great, glad it worked out. I know that Choice Air has more options than show up on their website. Patti says she looks at the website to get an idea of what she wants to book, and then calls them to do the actual booking.

Edited by clarea

That's great, glad it worked out. I know that Choice Air has more options than show up on their website. Patti says she looks at the website to get an idea of what she wants to book, and then calls them to do the actual booking.

Yeah that's what I do too, it was just odd that they didn't offer it to me until I called back in with Crown and Anchor on the line and then magically it was available.

I have another leg to do for November 1st but will call closer to the date since it isn't available online yet.

Glad it worked out. It shouldn't have to be so complicated. ;)

I was interested in using this offer, but here's my concern: If I want to take advantage of a price drop that might occur down the road, will this $1,000 discount have an effect on that? Will I still be able to take advantage of price drops?

I called Royal Caribbean and they said no problem, but of course I don't feel safe relying on just one of their phone representatives.

Does anyone have an experience with this?

I was interested in using this offer, but here's my concern: If I want to take advantage of a price drop that might occur down the road, will this $1,000 discount have an effect on that? Will I still be able to take advantage of price drops?

I called Royal Caribbean and they said no problem, but of course I don't feel safe relying on just one of their phone representatives.

they'll honor it as long as it is before final payment

We've had 3 so far, including one we had to cancel due to the $1000 not being available in Nov

Delta hasn't released flights for Nov 1st yet... getting impatient...

I was just looking for Delta flights for Oct 23, and they popped up on Choice Air sometime last week, so you should see yours any day.

Edited by clarea

I was just looking for Delta flights for Oct 23, and they popped up on Choice Air sometime last week, so you should see yours any day.

Yeah 330 days is the magic #

We're around 333 today depending on how you count it

From what I've seen commercially it may be better to book round trip and then just not take the second leg...

Yeah 330 days is the magic #

We're around 333 today depending on how you count it

From what I've seen commercially it may be better to book round trip and then just not take the second leg...

You can get an idea of your flight costs by looking at Choice Air flights on the week before you want to fly. Use the same day of the week that you really want to fly.

You can get an idea of your flight costs by looking at Choice Air flights on the week before you want to fly. Use the same day of the week that you really want to fly.

Yeah we already have the week before booked since we're doing a back to back and in order to get $1000 off EACH cruise we have to book one way air on each leg.

Yeah that's what I do too, it was just odd that they didn't offer it to me until I called back in with Crown and Anchor on the line and then magically it was available.

I have another leg to do for November 1st but will call closer to the date since it isn't available online yet.

Heads up...when you call Crown and Anchor to book Choice Air, they are just using the Choice Air website to book you - that is why they didn't offer it. Only the ChoiceAir desk has access to other options.

It really depends on the promotion. Sometimes promotions are tied to a specific price code and if you take a price cut, that changes the price code and thus loses the promotion. You'll want to ask before taking advantage of the promotion (and then any changes).

In addition, Choice Air promotions are often not the best rate - you often pay more than the lowest fare for the cruise in return for a discount on the air.

So I am doing a B2B in Europe next year and if I understand the comments right if I book two one ways then I can use the $1,000 promo on both of my cruises? Is that correct? Thank you for all the help!

Yes, that's the way I read the terms and conditions. Also, if your cruises are "linked" as a B2B, you may have problems using the Choice Air website. If so, you can either unlink the cruises, book the Choice Air flights, and relink; or just call Choice Air and book over the phone.

So I am doing a B2B in Europe next year and if I understand the comments right if I book two one ways then I can use the $1,000 promo on both of my cruises? Is that correct? Thank you for all the help!

That's actually very smart. Just make sure you have the code on both bookings, and it should work.