Robin's (occasionally) Inspiration-al Platinum Debut

SoCalKJ

Thank you for sharing the link to this review on "the other thread", I just finished reading and again, laughed many times. I love the "potty mouth" ship on a stick...wonder if that would work for me? LOL!!!

We moved from CA to PA when I was 10, so the Steelers became my favorite team. I can't believe you found a Steelers pancho in Mexico! We were on a cruise to the Western Caribbean in March 2006, right after the Steelers finally won their 5th (one for the thumb) Superbowl after their dry spell. I had on a championship Tshirt and there was a couple on the cruise in the buffet line with us for breakfast who were wearing the same shirts the day we were in Cozumel and we ended up exchanging names and talking to them. After we got back on the ship (Miracle) after our Cozumel stop, someone asked my DH if he was the one who traded his Steeler championship Tshirt to one of the vendors in Cozumel for a $70 Mexican blanket. Wasn't us so the guy who asked told us what he'd heard. After he told us about it, we were asked a few other times if it was us. What happened was that another man who had the same shirt on was with his wife in a shop in Cozumel and his wife loved the blanket but couldn't see spending $70 for it. The man selling it was a huge Steeler fan and told her and her DH that he would love to do an even trade of the blanket for the Steeler shirt and he'd also be willing to throw in a Tshirt that her DH could wear instead of going shirtless. They took the deal (I'm pretty sure those shirts were only about $15.00 and were still available on-line). The next day, we ran into the couple that we'd seen in the buffet that had the same shirts as me and I asked if he was the one who made the trade. He laughed, told us it WAS him then asked if that story was all over the ship and I told him we were approached by three others asking if it was us. He said he got a deal and would just get another one when they got home.

You're an awesome singer! Love the videos. Enjoyed the review, especially since Mother Nature gifted us with between 6 and 8 inches of snow between last night and this morning. :)

Thank you for sharing the link to this review on "the other thread", I just finished reading and again, laughed many times. I love the "potty mouth" ship on a stick...wonder if that would work for me? LOL!!!

We moved from CA to PA when I was 10, so the Steelers became my favorite team. I can't believe you found a Steelers pancho in Mexico! We were on a cruise to the Western Caribbean in March 2006, right after the Steelers finally won their 5th (one for the thumb) Superbowl after their dry spell. I had on a championship Tshirt and there was a couple on the cruise in the buffet line with us for breakfast who were wearing the same shirts the day we were in Cozumel and we ended up exchanging names and talking to them. After we got back on the ship (Miracle) after our Cozumel stop, someone asked my DH if he was the one who traded his Steeler championship Tshirt to one of the vendors in Cozumel for a $70 Mexican blanket. Wasn't us so the guy who asked told us what he'd heard. After he told us about it, we were asked a few other times if it was us. What happened was that another man who had the same shirt on was with his wife in a shop in Cozumel and his wife loved the blanket but couldn't see spending $70 for it. The man selling it was a huge Steeler fan and told her and her DH that he would love to do an even trade of the blanket for the Steeler shirt and he'd also be willing to throw in a Tshirt that her DH could wear instead of going shirtless. They took the deal (I'm pretty sure those shirts were only about $15.00 and were still available on-line). The next day, we ran into the couple that we'd seen in the buffet that had the same shirts as me and I asked if he was the one who made the trade. He laughed, told us it WAS him then asked if that story was all over the ship and I told him we were approached by three others asking if it was us. He said he got a deal and would just get another one when they got home.

You're an awesome singer! Love the videos. Enjoyed the review, especially since Mother Nature gifted us with between 6 and 8 inches of snow between last night and this morning. :)

There's a pretty decent variety of sporting stuff in Ensenada...although the Steelers stuff is, no doubt, a little pricier than the CA teams. I'm not a huge fan of any of our teams (Raiders are just synonymous with gangs, Lakers are a bunch of spoiled, overpaid exhibitionists, uh...guess that leaves the Giants, A's and the Clippers...not much else, unless you wanna include hockey hype...LOL!). I just couldn't get over how douchey the one guy was. Believe me, never feel guilty in Ensenada when you wanna power-bargain there and they try to turn on the sob story! Although I do think $70 for a (even the heavier quality) blanket was too high. Could've gotten 2-3 and a couple t-shirts for that! (Well...in Ensenada...LOL!!)

6-8 inches of snow is only cool if it's melting as it's dropping, right?! I went to visit Seattle Feb. 7-10 and it was gorgeous and sunny (albeit C-O-L-D!!)...my plan was to drive down to Portland and visit my Dad before I flew home. Nope. Worst snow storm in 47 years he's lived there! I saw on the news people snow skiing downtown in the streets...that would be the only way I could get there (Sadly, I don't snow ski.)

Thanks for the vocal kudos. :-)