Future...?

mikedoes

I think the issues with cruise ships in the news certainly impacted the "new" cruiser industry, but not to the slope this graph shows. I believe the majority of the downturn came because Carnival stopped using TA's during this time frame. Or rather stopped paying TA's commissions to sell Carnival. Carnival attempted to correct the issue this year with the TA's and brought back their commissions and even offered a free cruise to TA's (a limited # that sold out in seconds). But it created buzz for Carnival in the TA world.

Lesson (hopefully) learned - don't bite the hand that feeds you. carnival thought they could fill ships on their own. With the internet and PVP's who can blame them for trying, right? This experiement certainly hit them right in the wallet, but I'm not complaining. Cruise rates dropped, and I find myself about to sail again.

But then I wouldn't care if I had to sleep on deck or eat onion sandwiches... It's still better than my best day at work...

MUltiple reasons including but not limited to draw back in cruising to negative media this year.

News media had a great role in this blowing things out of proportion. That's a huge exposure to the public and they drew their own conclusions on false information. Wasn't the stranded St Thomas(?) incident an example? The ship wasn't broke down, the back up generator wasn't working and they elected to not sail, but that's not how the media reported it.

News media had a great role in this blowing things out of proportion. That's a huge exposure to the public and they drew their own conclusions on false information. Wasn't the stranded St Thomas(?) incident an example? The ship wasn't broke down, the back up generator wasn't working and they elected to not sail, but that's not how the media reported it.

I think it was St Maarten