Canceled San Fran on Statendam Sept. 29

cruisincnuks

Hi,

Anyone who had to leave ship have any problem with rebates from HAL? Airfares, hotels etc.

Daughter and SIL are not too happy with the treatment they're getting.

Bob

Really not enough information to make any kind of comment. Why did they leave the ship?

Generally, if you leave a cruise early, you still have to pay for the full cruise.

Hi,

Anyone who had to leave ship have any problem with rebates from HAL? Airfares, hotels etc.

Daughter and SIL are not too happy with the treatment they're getting.

Bob

I think there was a thread about it a little while ago - unless was one of the other ships. You're talking about the cruise Van - SD that went awry?

I was the original poster of that thread. I am very disappointed to say that we have not received reimbursement of our airfare. I am going to continue to pursue this through my credit card, as HAL has been totally unresponsive to my communications. They sent an email to my husband but have not replied to me at all, even though I sent the email.

The email they sent to my husband only referred to the credit card points which we had used to buy a specialty restaurant dinner. They will be giving us a dinner at a specialty restaurant on a future cruise with HAL instead of refunding the points. Well, that won't do us any good if we don't take another cruise with HAL!

I have a letter in my hands that was given to us from the Captain on the Statendam that states that "we will reimburse you for any resulting travel change fees." They are not honoring it. We have not received reimbursements for anything that was submitted to them.

They charged the airfare to our credit card. Our credit card said that we had to try to resolve it with the cruise line first. I will now fight the charges through the credit card company.