Quantum show guess

smeck

Wicked is an amazing show!! IMHO it's a very feasible production to stage, on a cruise ship that is. Really all that's needed is to scale down the set pieces a tad and cut maybe three or four scenes, and you've got yourself a show!

Edited by Devoted2royal

Wicked is an amazing show!! IMHO it's a very feasible production to stage, on a cruise ship that is. Really all that's needed is to scale down the set pieces a tad and cut maybe three or four scenes, and you've got yourself a show!

couldn't agree more and it would deliver the WOW factor for sure!!!

I just took a look at licensing and information for Wicked on the Stephen Schwartz website:

http://www.stephenschwartz.com/faq/wicked-fans/

There are two different sections below from his site:

WICKED LICENSING/RIGHTS

Stephen Schwartz: We are in the process of negotiating the deal for stock-and-amateur licensing rights to WICKED. Needless to say, I don’t expect them to become available for some time, since they are generally not made available until after the Broadway production has closed. If all continues to go well with the Broadway production, that is probably several years away.

CASTING/FOREIGN PRODUCTION/TOUR ANNOUNCEMENTS

We’ve been asked often about replacements, casting of the tour, where the tour will play, etc., as well as possible foreign productions. We are not permitted to announce anything on this site before it becomes public information.

I'm not sure which section applies to Cruise ships of international registry, so I listed them both.

The not permitted to announce anything until it becomes public, may be more of a general statement than anything.

The first section indicates that as long as Wicked is doing well, the rights probably won't be sold (but then again, that may only be for use in the United States).

So, if someone that is more intimate with the theater community would decipher what's spelled out here, that would be great.

Edited by Overtyme

Perhaps total coincidence as well ... but the parade is also celebrating the 75th anniversary of the Wizard of Oz ... would have a synergy for them to announce Wicked at the same time for Quantum.

But as I say, could be unrelated.

I just took a look at licensing and information for Wicked on the Stephen Schwartz website:

http://www.stephenschwartz.com/faq/wicked-fans/

There are two different sections below from his site:

WICKED LICENSING/RIGHTS

Stephen Schwartz: We are in the process of negotiating the deal for stock-and-amateur licensing rights to WICKED. Needless to say, I don’t expect them to become available for some time, since they are generally not made available until after the Broadway production has closed. If all continues to go well with the Broadway production, that is probably several years away.

CASTING/FOREIGN PRODUCTION/TOUR ANNOUNCEMENTS

We’ve been asked often about replacements, casting of the tour, where the tour will play, etc., as well as possible foreign productions. We are not permitted to announce anything on this site before it becomes public information.

I'm not sure which section applies to Cruise ships of international registry, so I listed them both.

The not permitted to announce anything until it becomes public, may be more of a general statement than anything.

The first section indicates that as long as Wicked is doing well, the rights probably won't be sold (but then again, that may only be for use in the United States).

So, if someone that is more intimate with the theater community would decipher what's spelled out here, that would be great.

Thanks for posting that. I think the ship would probably fall under section 2 as it's a professional production more like the tours. The first sounds like it's more for schools and community theaters.

I thought the NCL Getaway is going to have Wicked?

Their hosting a travel agent run Wicked fan group cruise. Nothing that seems to be officially linked directly to the actual production and no actual performances onboard.

Edited by DEIx15x8

I just saw that on Twitter!

I'm watching on NBC and didn't see it! I wonder if it's because I'm in Central Time, maybe they we're delayed an hour. Hmmm....

I'm watching from the UK online. Was a good performance by Chenoworth!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app