Princess transfers or taxi to Bayport (Houston)?

vmom

I have looked and searched for this info, but without luck.

I think because the port is so new for use as a cruise port, there is limited info out there yet.

Leaving in January, should I use the Princess transers ($24 / person one way) or Supershuttle (also $24 / person one way, but may be faster) Or taxi?

How much is a taxi from Hobby to Bayport? IS the same going back? I know some airports (O'Hare in Chicago being one of them) charge an extra tax for taxis leaving the airport.

Thanks for anyone who can help!!!

I'm curious, too. We will be staying before and after at a nearby hotel but they don't have a shuttle to the port. We are trying to decide if it would be cheaper to take the hotel shuttle back to the airport or go by taxi to the port.

I found a Taxi Fare Estimator at yellow cab houston dot com .. For the port use "4700 Cruise Road, Pasadena, TX" and any other landmark such as "Hobby Airport" or "NASA" ...

The $24 is a good deal for one or two passengers. But in a cab you only pay for the first person. So do math for a larger group.

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

2uhujyqu.jpg

Edited by sminfiddle

We are trying to decide if it would be cheaper to take the hotel shuttle back to the airport or go by taxi to the port.

Same answer as above, "depends" on how far (advantage: Shuttle) versus a larger # of people, on your own timetable (advantage: Taxi).

Edited by sminfiddle

We were on CB Nov. 9 - 16. We reserved the Super Shuttle in advance. When we arrived at Houston Hobby, the Super Shuttle counter was right next to the Princess Transfer counter. There were quite a few people sitting around waiting for the Princess shuttle. We waited maybe 10 min. for the shuttle. There was another couple on our flight that took the Princess Transfer. We saw them arrive at Bayport about an hour after we arrived. We felt it was quicker because the Princess Transfer waited for several flights to arrive before leaving the airport.

We were delayed by fog in Houston Bay. I would suggest walking off with all your luggage and taking a taxi to the airport from Bayport. If we had done that, we would have made our 1:10 flight. As it was, we had to wait at the airport for 6 hours for a flight home. You never know when fog will cause a delay.

A taxi may cost higher than estimated if there is traffic congestion near the port. The meter would not be a factor with a Supershuttle xfer.

However, the last time we took a taxi from Hobby we found there was a 10% discount for senior citizens.

Someone else posted they paid $100+ for a cab from Bayport back to IAH. They had to bc the risk of missing their flight, could not wait for the Princess transfer, so paying the cab fare would be cheaper than rebooking a flight.

I took the Princess transfer. We were in no rush on our return flight, but SS does fill up faster, and thus takes off sooner. If I were to do it again, I would do SS.

Edited by whataboutport