New All-Inclusive Drink Packages?

SuzD123

I stumbled on a Royal Caribbean blog on another site this evening that was announcing new all-inclusive drink packages on RCCL available for purchase onboard beginning 11-15-2013 and available for preorder in December. The new packages include the existing Classic ($45/pp per day) and Premium ($55/pp per day) but two new levels: Royal Replenishment and Ultimate. There do not appear to be any changes in the current packages, but the new ones offer even more options.

Royal Replenish Package

Cost: $20 per guest, per day (includes service charge)

Premium coffee

Premium tea

Bottled water

Sparkling water (375ml)

Still water (500ml)

Fresh squeezed orange juice

Non-alcoholic cocktails

Fountain soda with souvenir Coca-Cola cup

Ultimate Package

Cost: $65 per guest, per day (includes service charge)

Premium coffee

Premium tea

Bottled water

Sparkling water (375ml)

Still water (500ml)

Call and premium cocktails (up to $10 value)

Frozen cocktails

Beers

Premium wine by the glass (up to $12 value)

Non-alcoholic cocktails

20% discount on purchases of bottles of wine

Has anyone sailed in the past week or so and been able to get more information on this?

Royal Replenishment appears to be the non-alcoholic anything you want package including fresh squeezed juice, soda, and premium coffee. Can we assume that includes the Starbucks or Seattles Best offerings too? Then there is the Ultimate which sounds like it really is everything anyone could want...from beginning to end as it includes everything from each of the other packages...PLUS it seems to address the concerns I've read about regarding the choice of available house wines. The Ultimate also lists bottled water, so now I'm wondering if I need to buy the water package that I have typically purchased.

I also read that if someone has previously ordered the Classic or Premium package, they can upgrade to the Ultimate if desired. We have the Premium reserved for our April 13, 2014 Eastern Caribbean Adventure on AOS...so I am considering the Ultimate upgrade but am interested in others' experience first.

There are quire a few threads talking about the new packages and you may get more opinions once the packages are really available. I know they were supposed to take effect 11-15 but many sailings did not know about them yet. I usually get the premium package and cannot wait to try the ultimate package because it includes coffee too.

I stumbled on a Royal Caribbean blog on another site this evening that was announcing new all-inclusive drink packages on RCCL available for purchase onboard beginning 11-15-2013 and available for preorder in December. The new packages include the existing Classic ($45/pp per day) and Premium ($55/pp per day) but two new levels: Royal Replenishment and Ultimate. There do not appear to be any changes in the current packages, but the new ones offer even more options.

Royal Replenish Package

Cost: $20 per guest, per day (includes service charge)

Premium coffee

Premium tea

Bottled water

Sparkling water (375ml)

Still water (500ml)

Non-alcoholic cocktails

Ultimate Package

Cost: $65 per guest, per day (includes service charge)

Premium coffee

Premium tea

Bottled water

Sparkling water (375ml)

Still water (500ml)

Call and premium cocktails (up to $10 value)

Frozen cocktails

Beers

Premium wine by the glass (up to $12 value)

Non-alcoholic cocktails

20% discount on purchases of bottles of wine

Has anyone sailed in the past week or so and been able to get more information on this?

Royal Replenishment appears to be the non-alcoholic anything you want package including fresh squeezed juice, soda, and premium coffee. Can we assume that includes the Starbucks or Seattles Best offerings too? Then there is the Ultimate which sounds like it really is everything anyone could want...from beginning to end as it includes everything from each of the other packages...PLUS it seems to address the concerns I've read about regarding the choice of available house wines. The Ultimate also lists bottled water, so now I'm wondering if I need to buy the water package that I have typically purchased.

I also read that if someone has previously ordered the Classic or Premium package, they can upgrade to the Ultimate if desired. We have the Premium reserved for our April 13, 2014 Eastern Caribbean Adventure on AOS...so I am considering the Ultimate upgrade but am interested in others' experience first.

Thanks for the update.

I'm looking forward to trying the ultimate package. I drink a LOT of water, and that always ends up,costing me quite a bit, so it's nice to have that included now.

If I'm not mistaken the Premium package for $55 includes bottled water now too!

• 1 month later...

We are thinking about the Ultimate drink package on the Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas, but the fine print is a bit worrisome.

Most things make perfect sense, such as no minibar or room service.

But THIS is the red flag:

- Specialty beers as listed on bar menus

- Super premium category beverages

It used to be there was "well drinks" and "premium drinks". They have now added a "Super premium category". What exactly is THAT?

With "beer"... do we get "Bud or Bud Light", and everything else is "specialty"?

I see that we get "premium wines by the glass (up to $12 value)" On land, that would get you a pretty good glass of wine just about anywhere except New York and San Francisco! ;-) But how about on the ship? Can that buy a decent glass of Chardonnay?

I'm not even sure if we would drink our money's worth, necessarily, but I like the idea of an "all included" package so that I don't obsess with the price of a presumably over-priced drink every time I want to have one.

But I am going to be really annoyed if the "Ultimate" package is not appropriately named, and I'm going to be limited in my selections, or be stuck paying an additional upcharge to get decent drinks.

I read one comment from someone that suggest they had supplemental bar bills in the hundreds, even AFTER the so-called premium package. Is that an isolated incident?

Is this truly a high-end package they are offering?

If I'm not mistaken the Premium package for $55 includes bottled water now too!

Correct! That was one of my favorite enhancements that I experienced on my last cruise.

We are thinking about the Ultimate drink package on the Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas, but the fine print is a bit worrisome.

Most things make perfect sense, such as no minibar or room service.

But THIS is the red flag:

- Specialty beers as listed on bar menus

- Super premium category beverages

It used to be there was "well drinks" and "premium drinks". They have now added a "Super premium category". What exactly is THAT?

With "beer"... do we get "Bud or Bud Light", and everything else is "specialty"?

I see that we get "premium wines by the glass (up to $12 value)" On land, that would get you a pretty good glass of wine just about anywhere except New York and San Francisco! ;-) But how about on the ship? Can that buy a decent glass of Chardonnay?

I'm not even sure if we would drink our money's worth, necessarily, but I like the idea of an "all included" package so that I don't obsess with the price of a presumably over-priced drink every time I want to have one.

But I am going to be really annoyed if the "Ultimate" package is not appropriately named, and I'm going to be limited in my selections, or be stuck paying an additional upcharge to get decent drinks.

I read one comment from someone that suggest they had supplemental bar bills in the hundreds, even AFTER the so-called premium package. Is that an isolated incident?

Is this truly a high-end package they are offering?

I got the Premium Beverage package after it was "enhanced". I was told that the only difference between the Premium and Ultimate package is that the Ultimate package includes the Replenish Package items (ie. fresh squeezed orange juice and the other differences). As far as alcohol, I was told that there wasn't a difference between the Ultimate and Premium Packages. I got everything I wanted the 10 nights I cruised. It was nice to be able to try more than the house wines at the various venues (you CAN use the package in "for charge" dining venues (I used it in Chops and Izumi)). As far as regular mixed drinks, my most common drink is Grey Goose and Cranberry and it was included in the package. I also tried just about all the specialty drinks from the champagne bar menu with no problem (or extra charges). I love the new Premium Package and the addition of bottled water made it an especially good deal for me to have during my cruise.