Free Cruise is Back

WmFCoyote

You can use as many future cruise deposits (FCDs) as you want at a time, but each passenger will only get OBCs for the first one, and you only need one each to meet the deposit, so there isn't really a point to using more than one per person per cruise.

The future cruise credits (FCCs) from this promotion can be stacked together (so if you do a $399 cruise and then a $499 cruise, you can use them both for a 7 day $1299 cruise, for example), and can also be used with a FCD for the deposit and OBC.

You can use all your "freebie" money on one cruise, but it needs to be used all at once. If there's any extra, you lose it. It cannot be carried over. In our case we don't have a problem since we mostly take long cruises which of course will cost a whole lot more. But those who take shorter cruises, be sure how you apply your monies.

You can use all your "freebie" money on one cruise, but it needs to be used all at once. If there's any extra, you lose it. It cannot be carried over. In our case we don't have a problem since we mostly take long cruises which of course will cost a whole lot more. But those who take shorter cruises, be sure how you apply your monies.

Pia, am I correct that if you do this B2B, both credits do not have to be applied to the same cruise later in 2014?

Pia, am I correct that if you do this B2B, both credits do not have to be applied to the same cruise later in 2014?

That is what they told me. It doesn't even have to be back to back. We are doing two in January that we either can combine or use on two separate 7+ day cruises in 2014. I asked very specifically and have the gal's contact info who told me she had gotten that same question the day before and she had to ask her supervisor so she was sure.

Correct. But you have to use the entire amount of what you get. You can't get $799 credit and then use it on a $699 cruise. In our case, we have booked two in January for a total of $1978. This entire amount will be a wonderful reduction on one of our already booked long cruises later this year.

Correct. But you have to use the entire amount of what you get. You can't get $799 credit and then use it on a $699 cruise. In our case, we have booked two in January for a total of $1978. This entire amount will be a wonderful reduction on one of our already booked long cruises later this year.

Yes, of course. But as I was able to get a suite for all three legs of my B2B2B (I am very persistent on the Internet) I am not certain that any of my late-year cruises add up to all three legs together, although certainly I can distribute them among the cruises to make things work, now that I see that is allowed.

Yes, of course. But as I was able to get a suite for all three legs of my B2B2B (I am very persistent on the Internet) I am not certain that any of my late-year cruises add up to all three legs together, although certainly I can distribute them among the cruises to make things work, now that I see that is allowed.

I got a PH suite for the 13th; could only get a BA for the 18th. That's what happens when you vacillate.

Edited by Pia1913

I got a PH suite for the 13th; could only get a BA for the 18th. That's what happens when you vacillate.

Aft suite on Caribe for the 4th, forward suite on Lido for the remaining two. No drawbacks on the Caribe, it does not have the support beam. On the Lido, some chance of treadmill noise from above, and I read the balcony isn't completely private, but it is a huge balcony. I'll chance it.

Edited by Wehwalt

Aft suite on Caribe for the 4th, forward suite on Lido for the remaining two. No drawbacks on the Caribe, it does not have the support beam. On the Lido, some chance of treadmill noise from above, and I read the balcony isn't completely private, but it is a huge balcony. I'll chance it.

We can compare suites on the 13th. I almost booked the 9th a few minutes ago, but I really didn't want to cancel an important appt. on that day. I will survive. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

We did not hear of the promo soon enough to book multiple cruises, but we booked for 1/9 (surprise Christmas present for my husband). Can the FCC be applied to another short cruise, or does it have to be 7 days or longer? Also, I believe the FCC expires at the end of this year? Couldn't pass this one up. Looking forward to a relaxing but short trip. Usually we take much longer cruises...this is going to be a breeze when it comes to packing!

Liz

We did not hear of the promo soon enough to book multiple cruises, but we booked for 1/9 (surprise Christmas present for my husband). Can the FCC be applied to another short cruise, or does it have to be 7 days or longer? Also, I believe the FCC expires at the end of this year?

Has to be for a cruise of 7 days or longer departing in 2014.

We did not hear of the promo soon enough to book multiple cruises, but we booked for 1/9 (surprise Christmas present for my husband). Can the FCC be applied to another short cruise, or does it have to be 7 days or longer? Also, I believe the FCC expires at the end of this year? Couldn't pass this one up. Looking forward to a relaxing but short trip. Usually we take much longer cruises...this is going to be a breeze when it comes to packing!

Liz

The term of the promotion was 7 days, and I have no doubt they mean it.

[quote name='caribill']Has to be for a cruise of 7 days or longer departing in 2014.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Wehwalt']The term of the promotion was 7 days, and I have no doubt they mean it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

I'm sure we'll have no problem in finding one with 7 or more days! We have a 19 day cruise scheduled for April on another cruise line, but we've sailed with Princess a number of times and probably will book one for the Fall. We sailed on the Emerald and twice on the Star last year, so we definitely enjoy Princess.

Liz