Let's Hear from Those Who Have Made Final payment before Nov. 25

JJPacer

Yes and well said. I am just amazed at how many threads and posts are appearing about points - instead of cruising. There sure are a lot of people concerned about it and what status they are.

Why not just book your cruise based on where you want to go, price, and the best ship to get you there :confused:

The only people who get their panties all in a bunch about cruise credits are the "entitled" crowd. For something that amounts to a couple of hundred dollars in extra benefits for most people, they sure get all worked up about what amounts to minor changes, and proves the point that some people will NEVER be satisfied. It seems that the only reason they cruise is to get the extra benefits. The cruise experience is secondary. If Celebrity gave them their next cruise for free as a benefit, then they'd bitch about the cabin they were given, or the way they were notified, or something, ANYTHING, just so they can complain, complain, complain. One ungrateful fool in another thread is even calling the new points program a “con”. All this hate, anger and criticism for something that is FREE!!!!!!!!!!!

Such a sad, miserable set of priorities.

I am getting more and more disgusted with some of the people on this forum.

Edited by SantaFeFan

First let me say that I haven't received anything official from

Celebrity and so I haven't read the fine print.

I do have a cruise in January that is paid for.

Are they calculating the points via the old system? Or do we get the standard 30 that they are using to convert all past cruises?

The perks are nice and while I do tend to cruise with Celebrity, it's more about the itinerary. If 2 lines are doing the same itinerary, then I'm likely to book with Celebrity. Otherwise, it's about the places I want to see.

One ungrateful fool in another thread is even calling the new points program a “con”. All this hate, anger and criticism
Well, someone here once called a 15- or 30-minute change in dinner seating time a "bait-and-switch." It takes all types. :rolleyes:

First let me say that I haven't received anything official from

Celebrity and so I haven't read the fine print.

I do have a cruise in January that is paid for.

Are they calculating the points via the old system? Or do we get the standard 30 that they are using to convert all past cruises?

The perks are nice and while I do tend to cruise with Celebrity, it's more about the itinerary. If 2 lines are doing the same itinerary, then I'm likely to book with Celebrity. Otherwise, it's about the places I want to see.

Your January cruise would be under the new program, where you will earn a certain number of points times the days of the cruise. Points are issued after the conclusion of your cruise, not when you paid for it.

Enjoy your cruise!

I am another one who booked and made my final payment before this change was announced and while I would have made Select under the old system (had 2 points, would have gotten 3 points because I booked CC cabin) I won't under the new system. However the 2 X 30 points I'm receiving from the conversion are better than they would have been under the new system. So even though I'll end up 15 points short of Select after this cruise, I think that's just a good reason to look for another cruise to take next year.

So... you're complaining about people complaining?

:rolleyes:

I think everyone has a right to vent and this is as good of place to it as any. The OP clearly stated the intention of the thread so it would have been easy to avoid. Perhaps OP feels better just saying their piece and moving on?

Of course, now I'm complaining about people complaining about people complaining... my brain hurts.

Tom

The only people who get their panties all in a bunch about cruise credits are the "entitled" crowd. For something that amounts to a couple of hundred dollars in extra benefits for most people, they sure get all worked up about what amounts to minor changes, and proves the point that some people will NEVER be satisfied. It seems that the only reason they cruise is to get the extra benefits. The cruise experience is secondary. If Celebrity gave them their next cruise for free as a benefit, then they'd bitch about the cabin they were given, or the way they were notified, or something, ANYTHING, just so they can complain, complain, complain. One ungrateful fool in another thread is even calling the new points program a “con”. All this hate, anger and criticism for something that is FREE!!!!!!!!!!!

Such a sad, miserable set of priorities.

I am getting more and more disgusted with some of the people on this forum.

I suspect you are right in this assumption, but the website doesn't really say that. It says points are earned for every day you are cruising...

Once again the Celebrity website leaves it open for interpretation.

Tom

Your January cruise would be under the new program, where you will earn a certain number of points times the days of the cruise. Points are issued after the conclusion of your cruise, not when you paid for it.

Enjoy your cruise!

I'll probably get snapped-at but here goes.

If they had thought about it, it would have been possible to give anyone at final payment the better of the change.

That is if you'd get more points under the 30:1 exchange, they'd be scored that way, and if you'd be better off because you are in a Royal Suite or high level cabin, the new system.

No bonus points, just whatever scoring scheme that works to the customers best interest.

Just how I would have done it if I was Mr "X":cool:

I'll probably get snapped-at but here goes.

If they had thought about it, it would have been possible to give anyone at final payment the better of the change.

That is if you'd get more points under the 30:1 exchange, they'd be scored that way, and if you'd be better off because you are in a Royal Suite or high level cabin, the new system.

No bonus points, just whatever scoring scheme that works to the customers best interest.

Just how I would have done it if I was Mr "X":cool:

Then people would have complained about their past cruises that would have been better under the new system.

Then people would have complained about their past cruises that would have been better under the new system.

Huh? :confused:

Oh ... I get it .... ya some time people just like to complain... but a transition period (Final payment) where the customer gets the maximum points under either system would have lessened the roar I think... :cool:

il_fullxfull.115982086.jpg?ref=l2

My final payment was 11/17 and I really don't even follow the points (or care). All I know is that I'm now Elite with X and Diamond with RC. How many points to the next level?? I don't know and I don't care. I'll take whatever they offer me with gratitude. Life is too short (I know that for a fact since the death of my 24 year old son). Enjoy what you have now! :cool:

Well put. I agree with your assessment. I have a B2B in January well past final payment now, and was looking forward to being Select after my cruise. Yes, even those of us that aren't shooting for Elite quite yet are affected. I chose CC to get the extra points. Yes, I would still have booked the cruises, but they would have possibly have been in veranda cabins with the new system since it will take substantially longer to reach the next level.

Ditto.

I have a cruise booked for February next year; booked a CC for the extra point (was only $20 more than unobstructed balcony); would have been Select after that cruise.

Oh, well. The benefits don't really seem much better than classic (which aren't much to begin with, in my opinon).

As a note of comparison, when Carnival changed their program (I believe they went from points per cruise to points per day), they did give advance notice so that people could take an extra short cruise or two to get to the next level, which would be grandfathered in even if the number of actual converted points was not enough for the level.

My final payment was 11/17 and I really don't even follow the points (or care). All I know is that I'm now Elite with X and Diamond with RC. How many points to the next level?? I don't know and I don't care. I'll take whatever they offer me with gratitude. Life is too short (I know that for a fact since the death of my 24 year old son). Enjoy what you have now! :cool:

Like your post. I still can't believe that people, more than one, are saying that they are somewhat pleased with the new program. However, they stated that if the perks were reduced they would stop sailing Celebrity. Huh? Where would they go, Carnival, in spite?

Thought the idea of a cruise was for fun not to get a free drink.

Some observations....

-Anyone with more than 50 posts on the CC forums probably can not now say X didn't let me know their program was changing. Yeah, you knew it was changing - you didn't know the details but you knew change was-a-comin'.

-Anyone who within the 1st week of the new program who has once uttered anything along the lines of "well, now I'm forced to look at other lines for my money" can not be upset that a LOYALTY program has changed. You are not the loyal customer the loyalty program is looking for. You are a fickle customer.

-Anyone who booked a cruise only because of the promise of points, again, NOT A LOYAL CUSTOMER.

-Anyone who says X can't change the program to those with existing reservations without letting them know or doing this or that, has not read their terms and conditions and is simply flat out wrong.

Just my thoughts.

If my prior cruse history was calculated with new points system, I'd have about 80 more points versus the XXX * 30 = New Points system. but that's the way it worked out. I'm not making any changes to existing reservations, I'm not looking at other lines for my vacations, I haven't called X to explain to them how they can't do what they did even though the rules say they can.

I'm looking forward to my next vacation, not the numbers on my laptop monitor 2 weeks after I get home and my points post to my account.

Well said, cle-guy! I'd love to hear how your upcoming cruise is affected by this change to the Captain's Club reward "system". I think I am already feeling sorry for the staff on board...not to mention all the cruisers who will be on board just trying to enjoy their cruise! :D Have a great trip!

I'm 3 weeks away from a Christmas cruise and booked a CC cabin because Celebrity said I would get 1 extra credit that would have brought us both up to Select. I know that a CC cabin has very few extra perks over a balcony which was almost $1000 less for this cruise. But the extra point helped make my decision because I want to be more loyal to Celebrity. I've tried Princess, Cunard, and Carnival and my choice of best is Celebrity. I was hoping that my future cruises would at least be at Select. Now I have one additional cruise to take which is frustrating considering I paid a great deal of money for the upgraded cabin. Plus a Christmas cruise is about double the price of non-holiday sailings and so even though I paid the equivalent of a suite on a non-holiday cruise, I'm still getting less points and will miss the Select level that I was expecting.

I also understand that some who were one cruise away from Elite were given bonus points so they aren't harmed but according to the Captains Club rep, they didn't give these to those of us one cruise away from Select. And they also don't care about the fact that you're well after final payment date (3 months for me). Just doesn't seem right to recognize this problem for one level but not the other.

I believe the conversion ratio was good and the new program is good. But the conversion should be based on credits currently earned or those to be earned on cruises which are after the final payment date. That would have been fairer since we have no ability to change our plans like Celebrity did.

Edited by Paulras

I suspect you are right in this assumption, but the website doesn't really say that. It says points are earned for every day you are cruising...

Once again the Celebrity website leaves it open for interpretation.

Tom

When I pull up the Captain's Club, it clearly says points are earned by day.

Now, instead of tier credits, you will earn Club Points based on the stateroom category and the number of nights you sail. The higher the stateroom category you select, the more Club Points you will earn each night.

Since 1993 (when we paid $35 to join Captain's Club) we've taken 16 Celebrity cuises which earned us 24 credits as of Nov. 25. These 24 Credits are now worth 720 points which is 30 points away from Elite plus. We were awarded no bonus points, so we wait until our February cruise to move up. I will admit I did call to find out why no bonus points, but when the reason was explained, I understood and excepted the business reasons behind the awarding of bonus points.

So we would have already achieved Elite+, and probably should have booked one of those cruises in a CC cabin to get that extra point and as a resut, could have achieved Elite+ with the conversion to enjoy the additional benefits on our next cruise. Based on so many post from the numerous threads on this topic, this is Celebrity's fault and not mine.

I don't know about the majoirty of you, but my 65 years as been full of would've, should've, could've and I'm the one responsible for the majority of those decisions.

Yes, that's what I meant. It says you earn them "each night".

:o

Tom

Now, instead of tier credits, you will earn Club Points based on the stateroom category and the number of nights you sail. The higher the stateroom category you select, the more Club Points you will earn each night.

Yes, that's what I meant. It says you earn them "each night".

:o

Tom

You earn them each night, but I can't see them adding to your account until the conclusion of your cruise as a total number. Come to think of it, why would it matter if you got them daily or at the end of the cruise?

Just like your paycheck earned by day and direct deposited to your account in two weeks. You can't spend it till they deposit it.