Celebrity Drink Packages Looking Better Every Day

stratixman

I just don't understand why RCCL would not include canned sodas in any of the packages. One spends $65 per day and then must pay for a can of soda (at 2.75/can). I don't care for those fountain sodas....they rarely taste the same.

I totally agree.....fountain sodas can be really bad!!:(

Just took advantage of the 1-2-3 being offered and took the drink package. My husband does not drink but I was told that I had to buy the alcohol package for him as well in order for me to get it. Is that true? I saw somewhere just now that a couple was able to get the alcohol package for the husband and the non alcoholic package for the wife. Does anyone know if this can be done on Celebrity Summit?

You might want to check if taking up the OBC offer covers the cost of the drinks package.

If so, you could switch to that, then you could buy the package for yourself, and have some OBC left over to cover some other spending. :D

Well, it wasn't exactly free. We lost our original booking rate and had to go to the current rate. So it cost us an additional 398.00. That was for two alcoholic packages and a non alcoholic package for our 12 year old son. Was it smart to do or did I mess up?

$398 for the beverage packages for 3 sounds like a great deal to me as long as your family does consume a fair amount of the extra cost beverages. On a 7 night cruise the classic alcoholic package for one would cost $350 and a non-alcoholic package would run anywhere from $56 (for soda package) to $112 (for classic na package) per person. As long as the three of you together would have consumed more than the $398 of beverages then you did just fine so don't worry about it.

I just don't understand why RCCL would not include canned sodas in any of the packages. One spends $65 per day and then must pay for a can of soda (at 2.75/can). I don't care for those fountain sodas....they rarely taste the same.

RCL has put a system on their ship with special soda dispensers which work with the special "souvenir" cups used for the packages. The system is called Freestyle Machines (click here for more info). So it there is more of a reason the system is based on fountain drinks and not cans and also a reason each person with the package gets a special cup. The machines are actually a special feature as they can dispense custom beverages - see here or here for more info.

I'm more of a wine drinker.. A mixed drink here and there, my husband drinks on cruises but I'm wondering if the package is for all drink types under $8 how much a glass of wine ( moscato) would be on ship? Otherwise the $200 on board credit would be better for us

Sheri

RCL has put a system on their ship with special soda dispensers which work with the special "souvenir" cups used for the packages. The system is called Freestyle Machines (click here for more info). So it there is more of a reason the system is based on fountain drinks and not cans and also a reason each person with the package gets a special cup. The machines are actually a special feature as they can dispense custom beverages - see here or here for more info.

That's great RCL has done this. It still does not answer the question why one would pay $65.00 per day for an "ultimate" drink package and then have to pay $2.75 if s/he wanted a can of soda!!! RCL has made for self-service soda (the reason the gratuities are not segregated for its packages). Not everyone wants the fountain drinks. Celebrity gives you the choice -- no there aren't 150+ watered down choices. Then again, I prefer a choice between canned and fountain sodas.

Edited by Smiles3usa

From an advert in the Mail On Sunday 01 Dec 2013 (Cruise Club UK)

Water:

Crystal Geyser

San Benedetto

Non Alcoholic:

Coke

Diet Coke

Fanta Orange

Coke Zero

Sprite

Diet Sprite

Barqs

Aqualina

Coffee

Tea

Juices:

Cranberry

Pineapple

Tomato

Apple

Grapefruit

Beers:

Coors Light

Becks

Heineken

Amstel Light

Corona

Heineken Light

Franziskaner

Dos Eqis

Red Stripe

Samual Adams

Leffe

Oduls Non Alco

Scotch:

Johnnie Walker Red

Dewars White Label

J&B

Curry Sark, Irish and Canadian

Canadian Club

Seagrams VO

Seagrams 7

Jameson

Bourbon:

Jack Daniels

Jim Bean

Gin:

Beefeater

Tanquery

Vodka:

Absolute

Smirnoff

Stolichnaya

3 Olives

French Brandy:

Courvoisier VS

Carlos 1

Metaxa 5 Star Classic

Hennessey VS

Rum:

Bacardi

Malibu

Captain Morgan Original Spiced

Tequila:

Jose Cuervo

Liqueurs:

Disarano

Ameretto

Bailey's Irish Cream

Frangelico

Dranbuie

San Buca

Kahlua

Wine By The Glass:

Fantinel

Codorniu

J&H Selbach

Raimat

Jean-Luc Columbo

Benziger Family Winery

Mont Gras

Wente Vineyards

Ross Estate Rutherford Ranch

Torres

Beringer

Ken Forrester

Vellini

Hic, hic, Cheers

Keith

Edited by SWORRUB1

That's great RCL has done this. It still does not answer the question why one would pay $65.00 per day for an "ultimate" drink package and then have to pay $2.75 if s/he wanted a can of soda!!! RCL has made for self-service soda (the reason the gratuities are not segregated for its packages). Not everyone wants the fountain drinks. Celebrity gives you the choice -- no there aren't 150+ watered down choices. Then again, I prefer a choice between canned and fountain sodas.

I prefer the cans as well, they are much easier to take back to the cabin for having on the balcony.:D

I prefer the cans as well, they are much easier to take back to the cabin for having on the balcony.:D

Yes to the cans....not only easier to take back to the cabin, but the taste is so much better!!

I'll be sailing in March....has there been any hint of beverage packages going on sale? :confused:

Thanks so much for the alcohol list. Lots offered that I would drink. Does the classic drink package also include frozen alcoholic drinks and cosmopolitans? Also, is orange juice not included in the juices?

I dont know, just copied it out of a newspaper, but would guess that OJ is included. No idea on frozen drinks.

Coke, Diet Coke, Fanta Orange, Coke Zero, Sprite, Diet Sprite, Barqs, Aqualina, Coffee, Tea, Cranberry, Pineapple, Tomato, Apple, Grapefruit, Coors Light, Becks, Heineken, Amstel Light, Corona, Heineken Light, Franziskaner, Dos Equis, Red Stripe, Samuel Adams, Leffe, O'Doul's Non-Alcoholic, Johnny Walker Red, Dewars White Label, J & B, Cutty Sark, Canadian Club, Seagram's VO, Seagram's 7, Jameson, Jim Beam, Jack Daniel's Courvoisier VS, Carlos 1, Metaxa 5 Star Classic, Hennessy VS, Beefeaters, Tanqueray, Absolut, Smirnoff, Stolichnaya, Three Olives, Bacardi, Malibu, Captain Morgan Original Spiced, Jose Cuervo, Disaronno Amaretto, Bailey's Irish Cream, Frangelico, Drambuie, Sambuca, Kahlua, Bolini, St. Francis, J & H Selbach, Southern Right, Paul Jaboulet, Jean Luc Colombo, Beringer, Heron's Nest, Tenuta de Nozzole, Rutherford Ranch, Marques de la Concordi

http://www.celebritycruises.com/planAndBook/tabLanding.do?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages#onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic_tab/onboard/asrPanel.do%3Fpagename=onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic

Click on the underlined Pay One Price in the Classic package section

Edited by SWORRUB1