Black Friday promo

jenkinscb85

Hello - do you have to book on celebrity.com (or with a celebrity CSA) to get the promotions they are having starting on Black Friday? Or are these available should I book on another non-celebrity website?

I already booked it Monday through a online TA that advertises here on CC. http://www.cruisecritic.com/shipshop/

I already booked it Monday through a online TA that advertises here on CC. http://www.cruisecritic.com/shipshop/

Were you able to choose the classic beverage package as one of the perks? I saw it advertised on their site but it was showing only OBC and free gratuities. Was the price cheaper than on celebrity's site? Thanks!

Were you able to choose the classic beverage package as one of the perks? I saw it advertised on their site but it was showing only OBC and free gratuities. Was the price cheaper than on celebrity's site? Thanks!

I got the drink package, free grats and $ 100.00 OBC. On a 14 day cruise that's well over $ 1,700.00 :D

Oh ya! The cruise price hasn't changed since it came up last spring and I also cherry picked my C3 cabin

Edited by A Sixth?

I got the drink package, free grats and $ 100.00 OBC. On a 14 day cruise that's well over $ 1,700.00 :D

Oh ya! The cruise price hasn't changed since it came up last spring and I also cherry picked my C3 cabin

Did you try for the one category upgrade?? Wondering if that works with the 1-2-3 program??

snow bunny

Any hints on which one you used? I booked my upcoming cruise with an agency in my city that claim to specialize in cruises and it turned out to be a nightmare. Would love to deal with a reliable agency.

Thank you.

Noticed you are from Canada (like me), did you book in US$ or in CAD$ ?

I haven't found a good on-line agency that gives prices in CAD$ .

My upcoming Celebrity I booked by phone with the cruise line (because web booking was a disaster). I might be looking to book another with this promo.

noticed you are from canada (like me), did you book in us$ or in cad$ ?

I haven't found a good on-line agency that gives prices in cad$ .

My upcoming celebrity i booked by phone with the cruise line (because web booking was a disaster). I might be looking to book another with this promo.

us$, the online TA's that I linked earlier all deal in $US

Edited by A Sixth?

I'm curious how you got all three? You only get one or two for Europe?

I am curious to how the price hasn't risen since last spring. They certainly have here in the UK. I have my quotes for 4 cruises, the cruise we booked was chartered. Now waiting for right price for me to re book. Still no sign of 3-2-1- offer in UK but as its still night in the states I will look again later on.

I am curious to how the price hasn't risen since last spring. They certainly have here in the UK. I have my quotes for 4 cruises, the cruise we booked was chartered. Now waiting for right price for me to re book. Still no sign of 3-2-1- offer in UK but as its still night in the states I will look again later on.

3-2-1 is starting in the UK today my TA (who knew nothing about it before I told her) checked with Celebrity yesterday.

I just booked the 123 here in the uk for the eclipse next March. I was able to get the drinks package and use the OBC that was combinable from a 'future passage' booking. I plan on using the OBC to pay the grats. I also saved enough to cover one flight from UK to Miami as there was a promo on a slighter lower balcony category. Not bad! I compared the numbers from the giving thanks 15% off and the 123 turned out to be a much better deal. It was a waiting gamble that paid off.

I was hoping that the X booking people would have been more aware of their own promotions when I called, but I guess they felt that the details would have been leaked...which it did anyways. Furthermore, they were completely unaware of the 25 bonus points for the captains club. I called another number to confirm that these will be applied when the regular points are given.

Everyone may have varying success depending on their chosen cruise. Happy cruising!

I'm curious how you got all three? You only get one or two for Europe?

It's a January 2015 Caribbean, two are from the TA the one (the drinks I think) from the TA. :)

Jane2357, I have no idea what you are asking.:confused: What 25 points? Some people got "bonus points" when Celebrity converted their loyalty scores to the new system, but that has nothing to do with Black Friday.

I'm ready to book but want to see in writing the 25 points thing because if I book and don't get the 25 points then I'll cancel. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

123go is giving captains club members 25 bonus CC points but only for aqua class and above bookings. From the celebrity web site

Captain's Club Member Offers apply to new individual and named group bookings made Nov. 29 – Dec. 31, 2013. Classic Captain's Club Members and above ("CC Members") are eligible to receive 25 bonus Club Points, for AquaClass and above stateroom bookings. Bonus Club Points will be added within 14 days after conclusion of sailing. CC Members are also eligible for a 50% Reduced Deposit Offer on individual bookings made more than 70 days from departure date. Reduced deposit must be paid by Feb. 28, 2014. To redeem on celebrity.com, proceed to the Payment page, select "Other" in the deposit field and enter 50% off the deposit amount. Valid membership number must be provided at time of booking; new members may book onboard without a membership number but must provide the membership number by Mar. 10, 2014.

- See more at: http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?icid=hp_cr1_123g_1311_s1go_lk_822541&pagename=choose_your_offer#sthash.JTK2SaEH.dpuf

Noticed you are from Canada (like me), did you book in US$ or in CAD$ ?

I haven't found a good on-line agency that gives prices in CAD$ .

My upcoming Celebrity I booked by phone with the cruise line (because web booking was a disaster). I might be looking to book another with this promo.

Hi, I am from Canada as well, It's been my experience US online TA's will only book in USD. They normally have better perks but you have to weigh the extra perks against the exchange rate and right now it will run about 10% ( exchange and cc rate) and they do charge a cancellation fee.:)

To see your bonus points you simply have to sign on Celebrity's site, go to captains club, then to your sailing history, if you got the bonus it will indicate it thier.

This thread is talking about the bonus points for the 123go promotion not the conversion bonus that was previously given. Totally different things.

So I went ahead and booked a short 5 night cruise in Aqua for Dec. 2014. This will be our 1st time in Aqua and only booked it so that we could get the 25 point bonus for our Captain's Club. Got the 1,2,3 free Beverage Package and paid the price of an A2 and got an awesome A1 aft cabin.

After our cruise this Feb. we were only going to be 43 points shy of hitting Elite for our March 2015 15 night Panama Canal cruise. Well this short cruise will get us 5 x 5 pts for Aqua = 25 plus the 25 bonus points to = 50 and get us to Elite for the P.C. cruise - nice!

I'm ready to book but want to see in writing the 25 points thing because if I book and don't get the 25 points then I'll cancel. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Jane, just got off the phone with X. We booked a Jan,2015 Eclipse cruise, while on board the Century in October 2013. We get to keep our OBC's of $350, plus, 123 GO promo (we choose beverage pkg), and 25 cruise points. To get the 123 GO, X had to re price the cruise (ours was the same price), so with the re-pricing you get the 25 points, as it qualifies for a new booking!

SO SWEET, THX, X

Kathy

PS as of Aug 1, 2013 X is going to let you keep a promo plus add another promo, should it become available, but the price may be different! Still nice if you book on board and do not have to give up those future booking OBC's:)

Jane, just got off the phone with X. We booked a Jan,2015 Eclipse cruise, while on board the Century in October 2013. We get to keep our OBC's of $350, plus, 123 GO promo (we choose beverage pkg), and 25 cruise points. To get the 123 GO, X had to re price the cruise (ours was the same price), so with the re-pricing you get the 25 points, as it qualifies for a new booking!

SO SWEET, THX, X

Kathy

PS as of Aug 1, 2013 X is going to let you keep a promo plus add another promo, should it become available, but the price may be different! Still nice if you book on board and do not have to give up those future booking OBC's:)

Why then, on Celebrity's website, does it say in the fine print at the bottom of the page that the 1-2-3 Promo is NOT combinable with other offers?

To Qualify for the 123go! Offer, the following requirements must be satisfied. Cruise must be booked Nov. 29, 2013—Feb. 28, 2014 (the "Offer Period") and must be a 3-night or longer cruise, that departs Feb. 2014—Mar 2015. Offer excludes Celebrity Xpedition, Transatlantic, and Transpacific cruises. Offer requires ocean view or higher stateroom booking at the non-discounted standard cruise fare. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or price program. Offer is applicable to new individual bookings and to staterooms in non-contracted group bookings, which must be named and deposited during the Offer Period. Bookings that meet all of these requirements are "Qualifying Bookings." The first two guests in a Qualifying Booking for a European sailing may choose any two of the following options and one of these options for all other sailings: Classic Beverage Package for Two, Free Gratuities for Two, or Onboard Credit ("OBC"). The first two guests in the stateroom must select the same options. Triple and higher occupancy guests will each receive one 38-minute Internet package and one Classic Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package. Limit of one offer per stateroom. All guests in the stateroom must book during the Offer Period. You must notify Celebrity of the option(s) you chose by Feb. 28, 2014 or 10 days prior to departure date for Feb. 2014 cruises. Provide promo code BEV123go for Beverage, OBC123go for OBC, and GR123go for Gratuities. For Europe 2014 cruises, provide promo code EUBEVOB123go for OBC & Beverage, promo code EUBEVGR123go for Beverage & Gratuities, promo code EUOBGR123go for OBC & Gratuities. - See more at: http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?icid=hp_cr1_123g_1311_s1go_lk_822541&pagename=choose_your_offer#sthash.QMOasCrg.dpuf

My understanding was that if we book a cruise while we're onboard in January, we can qualify for the OBC associated with the onboard booking, in addition to getting the 1-2-3 promo, and ALSO the 25 points for being Captain's Club members. Is this not correct?

Edited by jerseygirl3