Bon Voyage Dave (DMWNC1959)!!!

sunsetbeachgal

Thanks for the photo and explanation of the sideways cabin. Does anyone happen to have photos of the regular inside for comparison?

BTW, you Dave and the rest of the posters on this thread have been invaluable in helping me plan a cruise on the Royal.

Thanks for the photo and explanation of the sideways cabin. Does anyone happen to have photos of the regular inside for comparison?

BTW, you Dave and the rest of the posters on this thread have been invaluable in helping me plan a cruise on the Royal.

I had a regular inside cabin, but I didn't take any pictures of it :(

Some of the differences are. The closet seemed larger because the

Bathroom is at a different angle than a sideways. Your door comes

In by the closet. Also the desk seemed a little shorter. The bulkhead

Above the desk that you see in Dave's pictures is not there. And the

Two lights on the side of the mirror is just one above the mirror. My

Friends on my sailing had a sideway cabin, I definitely think the cabin

Had more room in the cabin area than mine. However the closet

Area seemed smaller.

Thank you John-Paul, much appreciated comparison.

I had a regular inside cabin, but I didn't take any pictures of it :(

Some of the differences are. The closet seemed larger because the

Bathroom is at a different angle than a sideways. Your door comes

In by the closet. Also the desk seemed a little shorter. The bulkhead

Above the desk that you see in Dave's pictures is not there. And the

Two lights on the side of the mirror is just one above the mirror. My

Friends on my sailing had a sideway cabin, I definitely think the cabin

Had more room in the cabin area than mine. However the closet

Area seemed smaller.

I just checked in to ask the same thing about whether you are affected by that chemical spill up in your state. jangor beat me to it.

Also, we had a standard balcony room. The bathroom door was angled rather than straight which is different from past ships. There was a desk on the left side by the sliding door, with the mini refrigerator and "counter top" over it on the right side. And, there was a mirror on the desk wall, as well as the fridge wall so you could see into the other from each side. The cabin size was fine for the two of us. Our luggage was stored on the floor under the coat hangers. No problem, and served as extra "shelves" as we needed during the week--for shoes, etc. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to post pictures to this site.

I'm still mentally on the Royal Princess, which hasn't happened with a ship in many years. I believe I had a similar experience on the Golden Princess many years ago-the first cruise we could afford. It has been our favorite ship in its class for many years. Now, I like the Royal, and am awaiting the Regal to make her debut.

Take care. Lynne

Dave, I am hoping you are far enough away not to beaffected by chemical spill in WV water!

Hi Mary Jane,

That happened in the southern end of the state near Charleston, and I live in the north-central part not too far from Pennsylvania. I'm sure, since it basically shutdown our state capital, that our lawmakers will be busy... ;)

On a side note, I received an email from Cruise Critic saying my review had been selected as one of their Reviews of the Week:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1968568

:D

Dave, I am hoping you are far enough away not to beaffected by chemical spill in WV water!

Hi Dave,

I, too, was just checking in to ask the same question. You have lots of CC friends that care about you! Glad you are not affected. Enjoy this warm spell while it lasts.

Linda

Dave,

So glad you are out of the affected area, as we were concerned, too.

Also, congratulations on your review being chosen. You certainly kept us all with you on your voyage and deserve the recognition for your efforts.

Lynne

Hi Mary Jane,

That happened in the southern end of the state near Charleston, and I live in the north-central part not too far from Pennsylvania. I'm sure, since it basically shutdown our state capital, that our lawmakers will be busy... ;)

On a side note, I received an email from Cruise Critic saying my review had been selected as one of their Reviews of the Week:

Heartiest congrats to you, David. Everyone here thought it was top notch, so I'm glad that CC saw it the same way!! Ya done gud! :D

Hi David,

I'm so glad you were not affected by the chemical spill. :)

Also, Congratulations to you for your review being selected by Cruise Critic! I'm not the least bit surprised. The review was so very well written.

It was a complete pleasure sailing the B2B cruises on Royal Princess with you, Jackie, Bob and Tom, and of course, everyone else in our great Roll Calls for both cruises!

Best regards,

John

Heartiest congrats to you, David. Everyone here thought it was top notch, so I'm glad that CC saw it the same way!! Ya done gud! :D

Dave, Also, congratulations on your review being chosen. You certainly kept us all with you on your voyage and deserve the recognition for your efforts.

Congrats Dave! Not that it surprises me, your review was awesome.

Dave, Congratulations on having your review selected! I wonder what CC item they will send you.

Congratulations Dave! :)

Also, Congratulations to you for your review being selected by Cruise Critic! I'm not the least bit surprised. The review was so very well written.

John

THANKS everyone!!!

Bugsy - I remember your screen name from the NCL Forum when Gambee helped you with your camera.

John - It will certainly be difficult to top that cruise and those Roll Calls. Perfect combination all the way around! And we ended the cruise on a perfect night, pulled pork sandwiches and ice cream sundaes. It was a blast!

Benny - Two more weeks and it's YOUR turn! Yeah!

Linda, Lynne, and Larry - had to get the Three L's together. ;) THANKS!!! And Linda, give my best to Phyllis!

Hi Mary Jan

Hi Dave,

My review of the Royal was also selected as review of the week for my sailing in November. My CC gift was a 2" x 3" 2014 CC calendar magnet.

Edited by dedosr

Hi Dave,

My review of the Royal was also selected as review of the week for my sailing in November. My CC gift was a 2" x 3" 2014 CC calendar magnet.

Congratulations!!! Very cool indeed! :D:D:D

A calendar magnet, huh. It'll go nicely with all of the ship magnets I've collected in the last few years.

;)

Great job, Dave! And so glad you are well and have clean water!

Wishing you a belated happy and healthy new year. We are in the process of booking a spring cruise with stepdaughter,her husband and their two little girls, the ones we cruised on the Royal Princess with in the Med. But, Due to their flights, we are ending up on Royal Caribbean out of Port Canaveral....I was hoping for the Royal Princess ;)again...oh well!!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Hi Dave, your Kentucky neighbor here. I read earlier where you had toured the Enclave area twice and thought you may want to purchase the week pass on your next cruise. My husband and I were so glad that we were able to book it on our Christmas sailing on the Royal. We went there on the first evening of the cruise after dinner and every day after we left the gym. It is SO very relaxing. The hydrotherapy pools were awesome. Those tall water spouts on both sides of the stairs as you enter the pool are really forceful, just the right way to hit a tight spot on your neck or back. The round silver therapy area was really strong from below. You could get a really good foot massage, or float yourself outward and get all that force on your back. The chair massage at the back of the pool was very relaxing as well. After I took a towel and put behind my head. The metal bars aren't that comfortable. :) The warming chairs were wonderful to start your stay or end by drying off while laying on the chairs. I am not one for the really hot sauna's but the sauna as you first go in on the right, before you turn left to go into the pool wasn't too hot for me. I could actually stay in there about 7-10 minutes. They have a full stone bed in there that you can lay down on. They dry sauna wasn't too hot either.. I could stay in there about 5 minutes. We also enjoyed the citrus flavored waters in the area. When you buy this package you also have full access to the relaxation room where people wait to be called for their massages. This room is great to cool off in and have a beverage, or tea, cookie or fruit. There are small windows in there to enjoy the sun if you want and soft comfortable leather chairs with ottomans. We paid around $130 each for the week. For us, it was WELL worth it.

Just as you we thoroughly enjoyed the Royal. It was a VERY different kind of cruise for us. We NEVER set foot in the dining room. We had the 5:45 seating and that was normally during our nap time... :) So we ate in the Horizon Court every night and the food was wonderful. We never went to the main theater either. Eating later we just couldn't make it work. We thoroughly enjoyed all the game shows though. They were SO much fun!

Our package with CruCon included a balcony breakfast for 2. Well, it should have said for 6. We got SO much food. A full plate of fruit, a full plate of croissants, bran muffins, donuts, etc. A full plate of salmon and capers. A full plate with bacon (literally 7 slices on each plate) and a wonderful quiche. Several orange juices and a 1/2 bottle of champagne. We are not coffee drinkers, but they bring it if you want it.

This package for 2 was only $32. It was a wonderful delight. My husband and I shared our balcony and enjoyed our wonderful breakfast.

We thoroughly enjoyed our "different type" of cruising this time. Normally we sit at a large table in the dining room and enjoy others company. This trip it was more "just for us".

The ship is truly beautiful and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Next time I think we may buy a couple of day passes at the Sanctuary since we never get out to the pool before 1:00 anyway.

Dave, hope you had a wonderful holiday, and the new year brings you good health and wonderful travels!

Your KY neighbor!!

Yes less than two weeks now! I cannot wait to step into the beautiful Piazza myself.

Although we don't expect a complete LIVE thread, hopefully you can jump online long enough to give us a quick 'first impression' comment before Royal Princess departs Fort Lauderdale? ;)

Great job, Dave! And so glad you are well and have clean water!

Wishing you a belated happy and healthy new year. We are in the process of booking a spring cruise with stepdaughter,her husband and their two little girls, the ones we cruised on the Royal Princess with in the Med. But, Due to their flights, we are ending up on Royal Caribbean out of Port Canaveral....I was hoping for the Royal Princess ;)again...oh well!!

I was browsing over on the RCI Board and saw you posting. I'm sure you have a WONDERFUL cruise no matter what ship it's on. :D

Although we don't expect a complete LIVE thread, hopefully you can jump online long enough to give us a quick 'first impression' comment before Royal Princess departs Fort Lauderdale? ;)

I will certainly try, much of it will depend on whether or not we arrive early or late to the port and whether or not my Roam Mobility Data package actually works or not. I will try to give my first impressions though at the very least.:)

Hello Neighbor!

Trust me, a Week Pass to The Enclave is DEFINITELY on my 'list' of Must Do's!!!

I look forward to enjoying two weeks aboard Regal Princess for my next B2B.

I've been looking for but cannot find any new photos or information on the Regal, any luck Dave?