Bon Voyage Dave (DMWNC1959)!!!

sunsetbeachgal

That is a very thiughtful gift, jangor!

And thanks to Dave, my IPHONE photos are getting a lot better. Now I just need to go on another cruise to test my skills!!

And the winner is ...... SunsetBeachGal gets the prize for posting Message #1000 on this thread. WTG!!! Christmas present just a day late! :D Have a very Happy New Year!!

And the winner is ...... SunsetBeachGal gets the prize for posting Message #1000 on this thread. WTG!!! Christmas present just a day late! :D Have a very Happy New Year!!

LOL...I am on the road in cold country (Ohio) for the holidays and really didn't pay as much attention as I usually do or I would have left number 1,000 for Dave!!

Actually since I started this thread with a simple Bon Voyage wish to Davr, not knowing how big it would become, it guess it is poetic justice!

Happy and healthy new year to all, and hope some wonderful cruises are in everyone's future for 2014!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

That is a very thiughtful gift, jangor!

And thanks to Dave, my IPHONE photos are getting a lot better. Now I just need to go on another cruise to test my skills!!

Dave, Do you use the regular camera app that came with the iPhone 5 or a different one?

Thanks!

Dave, thank you so much for the review and the amazing details. We are going on the February 16th Royal and I can hardly wait.

We need someone else to pick up the ball and post daily updates to keep us going until Feb.

I am also hoping they will play some Olympic events on the mega screen! That would be fun to watch.

There is a roll call for this cruise. Have you checked in there?

Dave, Do you use the regular camera app that came with the iPhone 5 or a different one?

Thanks!

I just use the regular camera feature that came with the iPhone 5.

As for all of the pictures I took, I'll have those that made the final cut downloaded and labeled by tomorrow night. There will be over 1300 pictures.

:D

LOL...I am on the road in cold country (Ohio) for the holidays and really didn't pay as much attention as I usually do or I would have left number 1,000 for Dave!!

Actually since I started this thread with a simple Bon Voyage wish to Davr, not knowing how big it would become, it guess it is poetic justice!

Happy and healthy new year to all, and hope some wonderful cruises are in everyone's future for 2014!

THANK YOU again for starting this thread. It really made me happy every day to post reports and pictures, and even happier that it was so well received.

THANK YOU again for starting this thread. It really made me happy every day to post reports and pictures, and even happier that it was so well received.

We followed the Royal Princess thread you started and think it's time to give the ship a go. Should we wait for the addition of a promenade and an aft pool?

We followed the Royal Princess thread you started and think it's time to give the ship a go. Should we wait for the addition of a promenade and an aft pool?

That's up to you, but they're not 'adding' a promenade deck, and the new aft pool will be nothing more than a large dipping pool.

Here is what the aft pool will look like on the Royal-class:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41009419&postcount=19

And what they are doing is opening up the narrow walkway area behind the lifeboats so that you can walk the length of the ship from the stern to just forward of the lifeboats. No wraparound, no sheltered promenade.

Royal Princess

So if not having an aft pool or a wrap around promenade adversely affects your ability to enjoy a cruise, then I'd recommend booking another ship.

I'm a latecomer to adding my thanks to you, Dave, for a terrific report and pictures. I've been reading it for a couple of weeks and finally caught up. No questions for you -- as far as I'm concerned, you've really covered "Everything Royal"

Dave, thank you do much for the informative threads and the beautiful photos! You have provided us with countless hours of enjoyment! So glad you enjoyed your cruises!

I have been looking for you Ruby review... Is there anyway you could post a link to it? Thank you!

I didn't do a 'review' per se, but a photologue of the ship when I was aboard. Here's a link to that thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1752955

Hi Dave,

I just looked at your Ruby Princess photos. Indeed, they brought back some good memories. We were never on her during the holidays, but have been on board twice, like the Emerald.

Crooners was a favorite hangout every night, but somehow I didn't get into the groove on the Royal Princess. There was too much else going on to occupy my time. Plus, by the time Kory started, it was getting late. I did notice that he coordinated the time with the entertainment folks in the Piazza, as to when to start his program. Like "OK, now?"

Wonderful ships--different ambiance on each. Both nice.

Lynne

G'day Dave,

Just finished the blog, totally fantastic as always and by the looks of the comments and questions a testament to your status amongst the cruising public that frequent the forums of Cruise Critic.

Wishing you a fabulous new year and looking forward to your future inputs within the Cruise Critic forums.

Tony

Hi Dave,

I just looked at your Ruby Princess photos. Indeed, they brought back some good memories. We were never on her during the holidays, but have been on board twice, like the Emerald.

Crooners was a favorite hangout every night, but somehow I didn't get into the groove on the Royal Princess. There was too much else going on to occupy my time. Plus, by the time Kory started, it was getting late. I did notice that he coordinated the time with the entertainment folks in the Piazza, as to when to start his program. Like "OK, now?"

Wonderful ships--different ambiance on each. Both nice.

Lynne

Ruby Princess is indeed a beautiful ship, and I've said that on several accounts. It's just not the class of ship for me. After Allure of the Seas and Royal Princess, and with Regal Princess and Oasis 3 coming out, there are other ships I'd much rather be on. All wonderful ships in their own right, and to each his (or her) own. ;)

And the entertainment on Royal Princess focuses quite a bit in The Piazza, so the live music in Crooners does start later. But it was easy to enjoy either during the two weeks I was aboard ship. Just another reason to book a B2B, and as you mentioned, there was so much going on all the time it was hard to keep up!

Hi Dave,

I decided to reread this thread and wondered what happened to the picture on post 66. Any ideas?

I was combining through my Flickr Photostream and noticed I had two similar pictures of my first Royal Princess room key card, one held in my hand and the other sitting atop the handle of my carry-on luggage, figured I didn't need two of the same thing, and deleted one of them. Of course I forgot to check to see if it had been used in the Live commentary, and it had been, and now shows as a blank space where it used to be. :( Need to be more careful in deleting images from now on. ;)

G'day Dave,

Just finished the blog, totally fantastic as always and by the looks of the comments and questions a testament to your status amongst the cruising public that frequent the forums of Cruise Critic.

Wishing you a fabulous new year and looking forward to your future inputs within the Cruise Critic forums.

Tony

Hi Tony!!!

Hope you are well. It's sure been a while since our Celebrity Millennium posts and that first ever Live thread. That was fun. Glad you enjoyed this second attempt, as I'm still fine tuning the process.

Happy New Year to you and your family! :D

I'm a latecomer to adding my thanks to you, Dave, for a terrific report and pictures. I've been reading it for a couple of weeks and finally caught up. No questions for you -- as far as I'm concerned, you've really covered "Everything Royal"

In just about two weeks it will have been 1 year since the 'Everything' thread started. It's been a very long road, and almost time to 'escape completely'.

I was combining through my Flickr Photostream and noticed I had two similar pictures of my first Royal Princess room key card, one held in my hand and the other sitting atop the handle of my carry-on luggage, figured I didn't need two of the same thing, and deleted one of them. Of course I forgot to check to see if it had been used in the Live commentary, and it had been, and now shows as a blank space where it used to be. :( Need to be more careful in deleting images from now on. ;)

No worries. Just wondered if it got hijacked somehow, but your explanation makes total sense. By the way, I took lots of photos of our cabin, so if you need any, I can email them to you. Whenever you have time, I'd love a copy of the picture you took of me with the captain at our meet and greet. This cold weather makes me yearn for those 80 degree days on our cruise. Have a wonderful New Year!

Hi Dave,

Great pictures of Santa and the gingerbread houses. Were these put up after December 8th? I don't remember seeing them. I hope Santa had something nice for your stocking, too. He was very good to me. Dennis and I are working First Night in Akron on New Year's Eve; always a fun time. Good luck in the New Year and let us know your future cruising plans! :D

Hi Dave,

Great pictures of Santa and the gingerbread houses. Were these put up after December 8th? I don't remember seeing them. I hope Santa had something nice for your stocking, too. He was very good to me. Dennis and I are working First Night in Akron on New Year's Eve; always a fun time. Good luck in the New Year and let us know your future cruising plans! :D

The houses were put out on the morning of our disembarkation, was sad to have missed them!

Hi Dave,

Hi Linda!

They were put out very early during the morning of the 15th. I had departed my cabin, carry-on in tow, and for some reason decided to go through the atrium one last time en route to the Wheelhouse Bar to await the Fort Lauderdale tour departure. I was surprised it had appeared overnight, and it was quite large and very nicely detailed. They also changed the flowers below the Godmothers picture to a small holiday arrangement.

Have fun on First Night. Since I work that night I've bought a bottle of Welch's non-alcoholic grape juice to ring in the New Year, plus a bottle of M&R Asti and a bottle of peach Moscato for later. ;)

Nice pictures of the Christmas display. We missed them on our Emerald cruise in 2007, disembarking on Dec. 16... the Gingerbread House was just being set up. Of course, I was up early to see the ship arrive in port so did see the elves at work.... :)

Have a good week--New Year's Eve will be quiet here...but, perhaps, we'll enjoy a glass of wine.

Lynne