Carnival called to offer a last minute upgrade

I was called 5 days before our Nov 16th cruise on the Conquest. We were in a inside cabin and were offered to move to a balcony on the same floor for $120 each. I declined. If I would have wanted a balcony in the first place, I could have paid it then. Not really much of a upgrade deal. Just trying to get more money out of me.

Carnival just left a voicemail offering an upgrade to a luxury suite or a junior suite at a last minute price. We are leaving in 6 days & we are booked in an aft extended balcony. Not sure how much it will cost to upgrade or if it's worth it. Anyone done this before? I would love to know!

Really need more info to give you some feedback. That is a pretty braod range without a price. Many here have gotten calls, some have taken them and some not.

Just got my 1st call ever from the upsell fairy-

Am booked on the 6 day Miracle Mexican Riviera this Sunday.

$300 to move from my French door inside to a balcony on the Miracle this Sunday. (Am traveling solo.)

I bit. $50 more per day is how I looked at it.

Been looking at future cruises and so few without the 200% fare for solos.

So, after my 12/9/13 Inspiration cruise, I may not sail for quite awhile....

Pam

Carnival just left a voicemail offering an upgrade to a luxury suite or a junior suite at a last minute price. We are leaving in 6 days & we are booked in an aft extended balcony. Not sure how much it will cost to upgrade or if it's worth it. Anyone done this before? I would love to know!

They would have to pay me to move from an aft extended balcony, and I probably wouldn't move then.

I was called 5 days before our Nov 16th cruise on the Conquest. We were in a inside cabin and were offered to move to a balcony on the same floor for $120 each. I declined. If I would have wanted a balcony in the first place, I could have paid it then. Not really much of a upgrade deal. Just trying to get more money out of me.

That one I would have to consider and would probably do - inside to balcony for less than $10 per person per day. Course, if $120 per person was the difference between the two when I booked, I probably would have booked the balcony to begin with as you suggested. We are going on Freedom in February for 8 nights, and the last time I checked, the difference between our inside and a balcony is about $500 per person. I will keep checking. :)

Edited by KroozFoolz

OP here- ok I got some additional info. They are offering a grand suite for $350 or an extended grande suite for $400. I need input from anyone who has upgraded from an aft extended to one of these & if it's worth it. I appreciate all of the input from everyone so far!

If a 7 day cruise and this is the total cost I think I would do it for the experience of the grand suite.

It's a 4 day so I'm just not sure. The salesman made it sound wonderful but I know an aft balcony is great too. What to do, what to do :)

Personally,I wouldn't do it for a 4 day cruise, 7days or longer perhaps, how much time are you going to spend in there on a 4 day cruise? At least if it were a 7 or 8 day you would have at least 2-3 sea days that you could hang out in your cabin.

The Aft extended is a sought after cat and sells out first. I would keep it.

The French door staterooms are really a great room and go rather quickly too. I would keep it.

I think both upgrades are a bit too expensive and should be about $150 less.