Royal Caribbean Stock Ownership Onboard Credit Problems

Is anyone else having problems getting Onboard credit for being a stockholder?

I faxed a copy of my stock ownership statement two weeks before each cruise to the fax number provided by RCCL customer service. When I checked my onboard account on the second day of my last four cruises, I had not received my stockholders' credit on my last four cruises. It took the onboard guest services staff 3 days to get an answer about my stockholder's credit.

After sending in my statement, Royal Caribbean never contacted me to tell me there is a problem applying the credit to my onboard account. I mean RCCL did not call or send an email. Even the US customer service staff could not contact someone to verify if the statement has reached the right person.

I'm Diamond Plus now and based on the cruises I have booked I'll hit Pinnacle status in October of 2014.

John Norris

cruising bears

Are you staying in balcony staterooms where you receive a C&A discount? Or any other RCI discount? It could be that you have a fare or discount that is not combinable with the Shareholder OBC.

That said, I do agree they should at least contact you to let you know if that is the case. If not, then I would be upset to have 4 cruises in a row with no OBC. Have you called to verify prior to sailing?

Is anyone else having problems getting Onboard credit for being a stockholder?

I faxed a copy of my stock ownership statement two weeks before each cruise to the fax number provided by RCCL customer service. When I checked my onboard account on the second day of my last four cruises, I had not received my stockholders' credit on my last four cruises. It took the onboard guest services staff 3 days to get an answer about my stockholder's credit.

After sending in my statement, Royal Caribbean never contacted me to tell me there is a problem applying the credit to my onboard account. I mean RCCL did not call or send an email. Even the US customer service staff could not contact someone to verify if the statement has reached the right person.

I'm Diamond Plus now and based on the cruises I have booked I'll hit Pinnacle status in October of 2014.

John Norris

cruising bears

John, you are aware the you can not combine your Shareholder OBC with any C&A benefit you might be eligible for, like balcony discount or using a C&A Savings Certificate or receiving an OBC from an RCI booking promo or booking on board.

Edited by cruisenfever

I've always wondered about the shareholder credit because it cannot be combined. It seems like every cruise offer out there includes OBC, so when will you ever be able to use shareholder credit?

I use it more often on Celebrity than on Royal Caribbean. Once in a while, I use it on Royal Caribbean.

I also email my shareholder documentation. I get an auto reply, and generally I get a confirmation (or denial) via email within a week. Once it took longer; things got backed up a bit while somebody was on leave, I believe.

I've always wondered about the shareholder credit because it cannot be combined. It seems like every cruise offer out there includes OBC, so when will you ever be able to use shareholder credit?

When you book an inside or oceanview cabin.

If you are gold or new and not entitled to a balcony discount.

Very few cruises have a coupon, so any of those other cruises.

Most cruisers don't know to book while onboard a previous cruise or buy a Next Cruise Certificate.

Most cruisers DON'T have another RC-sponsored benefit.

If you book a short cruise in an inside or OV stateroom, you will find the shareholder benefit OBC twice as much as the Next Cruise OBC.

• 2 years later...

We were denied OBC on our British Isles cruise in July because we had gotten OBC when we booked the cruise. The only reason we even bought the RCL stocks was to get the OBC. Spoke with Celebrity and was told that anytime you have OBC or upgrades you will never get the stock owner benefit. I don't know of anyone who does NOT get some OBC or upgrades when they book a cruise. We have done 20 cruises and that has always been the case. So, we will be selling our RCL stocks since we do not benefit --- and the company really does not care! People beware! If you are purchasing RCL stock only for the OBC's, forget it, it wont happen.

If you are purchasing RCL stock only for the OBC's, forget it, it wont happen.

Welcome to CC. As you will see from future posts, folks do indeed get the shareholder benefit, somewhat rare, but they do get it. The trick is to book at a fare without OBC - they do exist.

I send requests to shareholderbenefit@rccl.com and have always received a reply within a few days - many times the next day.

Is this the typical response you get when you email for the shareholder OBC?

Thank you for using our Coupon Redemption Center.

We have received and applied your Royal Caribbean International coupon as requested.

Although we are not requesting the original offer at this time, we reserve the right to verify any offers presented. We reserve the right to decline any offer due to duplications or inconsistencies with the terms and conditions of the offer.

Once again, thank you for contacting us.

I send requests to shareholderbenefit@rccl.com and have always received a reply within a few days - many times the next day.

This is what I did. I scanned my account statement showing my RCCL shares, emailed it, and got an answer the next day. Unfortunately, my fare included a promotion, so I didn't receive the shipboard credit. It cannot hurt to ask[emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were denied OBC on our British Isles cruise in July because we had gotten OBC when we booked the cruise. The only reason we even bought the RCL stocks was to get the OBC. Spoke with Celebrity and was told that anytime you have OBC or upgrades you will never get the stock owner benefit. I don't know of anyone who does NOT get some OBC or upgrades when they book a cruise. We have done 20 cruises and that has always been the case. So, we will be selling our RCL stocks since we do not benefit --- and the company really does not care! People beware! If you are purchasing RCL stock only for the OBC's, forget it, it wont happen.

So you did not read the terms and conditions of the cruise you booked either