Alaska land tour-5 day Connisour Tour

tjcletsgo

Because of the fantastic post from Caribill, we are looking into doing a 5-day land tour next year, eliminating Fairbanks.

We would like to go late May. I've seen photos and it looks like the foliage in Denali is green early in the season. I'm thinking there may be more wildlife early in the season because there will be more stuff for them to eat (:)).

Can anyone give me detailed info on Denai and the full stay Wilderness tour?

Thanks so much, especially you, Caribill~:D

Because of the fantastic post from Caribill, we are looking into doing a 5-day land tour next year, eliminating Fairbanks.

We would like to go late May. I've seen photos and it looks like the foliage in Denali is green early in the season. I'm thinking there may be more wildlife early in the season because there will be more stuff for them to eat (:)).

Can anyone give me detailed info on Denai and the full stay Wilderness tour?

Thanks so much, especially you, Caribill~:D

Hi,

My DH and I took the 6 day connissour this past July. He was unable to take this tour due to back problems. If you have back problems don't do the 8 hour tour into Denali. I did it and it was brutal and I don't have back problems. 8 hours on a school bus with a so so box lunch. Other posters said to take the first bus into the park (it is real early) because the buses scare the wildlife away. I tried to get on this bus but our tour director couldn't or wouldn't arrange it. This tour was very boring (i'm sure others would disagree) we saw little in the way of wildlife and it was far away. The month of May should be different that July. Remember to consider your health situation this tour is rough.

Xtrmflyer,

Thak you so much for your reply! Maybe we should consider a 14 day round trip cruise instead......:o

We did the 5 day connisour tour last July between our northbound and southbound cruises. Hopefully others will post but I don't believe the TWT will be available until after the first week in June. We saw a lot of animals but most are from a distance therefore were not affected by the bus. While the bus is a school bus type the seating was more comfortable than the typical bench seats.

Don't let one poor commentary on an excursion make you change your mind after reading a "fantastic" post by another tour participant!!

There are many other reviews of AK tours, and for sometimes not everything is super wonderful, that's just humanity. Maybe the poster who had such a bad experience on the Denali excursion could post something positive about the rest of the tour, instead using one incident that wasn't up to their expectations. It couldn't have been ALL bad!!

Just my opinion!!

Don't let one poor commentary on an excursion make you change your mind after reading a "fantastic" post by another tour participant!!

There are many other reviews of AK tours, and for sometimes not everything is super wonderful, that's just humanity. Maybe the poster who had such a bad experience on the Denali excursion could post something positive about the rest of the tour, instead using one incident that wasn't up to their expectations. It couldn't have been ALL bad!!

Just my opinion!!

Geat advice, Gitane. Looks like a trip of a lifetime~

I do not find the transit into Denali Park, difficult. The Tundra Wilderness tour is available end of May. With a May visit, you will want a northbound cruise and later mainland tour. Go for as long as you can afford. :)

In my opinion, my preference is getting to Eielson Visitor Center, which is not available until June 1. Your "more" wildlife thinking is flawed. No way to predict what you will see, and every trip is different. The farther you get the more you see.

Princess in the past, was a cruise line, that did refund the tours into Denali Park. This is something I always recommend. The high priced tours- are not worth the cost, compared to the excellent shuttle buses. :) The shuttle buses do require some investment in planning, which a lot of cruise tour, people just do not want to consider. But an option anyway. :)

Denali Park- overall is the entire highlight of a main land Alaska visit, especially on cruise tours, which are point to point. Check out the website- very detailed information http://www.nps.gov/dena

Thank you, Budgetqueen! I'm thinking we'll just pop some motrin and go for it! I'm thinking of doing the tour bus Tundra Wilderness. I don't want to have to think about anything, I just want to go where they tell me to:p I'm so looking forward to this, thank you all for your input:D