Anticipation of 2015 Schedule

deladypilot

I guess the one good thing that could be said by keeping so much capacity in the Caribbean, it's going to kill the prices and make cruising really affordable. Now, unfortunately, the airfares are skyrocketing due to mergers. :cool:

Port Canaveral really isn't central to any airports though which is why it's such a difficult embarkation point. This should be interesting to see how this all pans out.

I keep checking - so it's my fault it hasn't loaded yet (watch pot/boil, etc).

Depending on where a ship went from Port Canaveral, that may interest me. AS I could tie in a short trip to Disney World first - and make my whole family happy.

I see Epic has spot in Rome in Winter months in 2015 - 2016.

10/02/2016 06:00 NORWEGIAN EPIC 12BIS(N) BARCELLONA LIVORNO Cruise Ship

16/12/2015 06:00 NORWEGIAN EPIC 12BIS(N) BARCELLONA LIVORNO Cruise Ship

http://www.port-of-rome.org/en/content/ship-arrivals-and-departures#

Thank you!! :)

And I did not find JADE... maybe she will be doing the Canary roundtrips from barcelona in 2015/16??

Or could she leave Europe and be wintered in the Caribbean in 2015/16??

EPIC also calls the 30th of December 2015, in Civitavecchia.

Edited by celebrity_fan

And I did not find JADE... maybe she will be doing the Canary roundtrips from barcelona in 2015/16??

The Jade will never come back to the Caribbean unless NCL gives up on ever growing its HI business. As long as it does not cruise the Caribbean or from a US port it can still be reflagged as a US ship and cruise HI like the POA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

It seems like all our speculation about Epic staying in Europe is slowly being confirmed by the ports she'd likely visit! :)

I believe the Jade if anything could be sent globe trotting. She will likely not come back to the Caribbean unless she's going to offer a foreign departure port which I doubt NCL would try doing (like embarking in Barbados). Maybe NCL plans on expanding their Hawaii offerings and re-flagging her finally? :cool:

NORWEGIAN JADE is going to sail out of Houston in 2015/16!!

Just open the NCL website and than fill in: Search from Dec 2015 to Apr 2016, and choose Houston as departure port - the only ship you could choose is NORWEGIAN JADE! Sadly you cannot see the actual cruises.

GETAWAY, PEARL, SPIRIT, SKY are sailing out of Miami in 2015/16.

The only ship which is wintered in Europe in EPIC.

Just open the NCL website and than fill in: Search from Dec 2015 to Apr 2016, and choose Houston as departure port - the only ship you could choose is NORWEGIAN JADE! Sadly you cannot see the actual cruises.

Really? How interesting! We are booked on the jade while she is in Rome. And then she follows us home to Houston?!

I don't see anything on their website yet. Can't wait to see the itinerary for the Jade, and the Pearl. I've been waiting to see the December 2015 schedules. I only see the Sky & POA listed for December 2015.

Edited by deb63

Until there is an actual press release of this, I'd think of that as a computer glitch - especially since one can't see the actual cruises. The reasons why Jade probably wouldn't sail from US ports have been mentioned also in this thread several times.

There was a similar glitch for Spirit being moved to Caribbean earlier too before the actual European cruises became available.

Edited by Demonyte

This is very interesting information! I'm sure NCL is loading up the itineraries into their website and testing them out before the full release to the general public but maybe one of the build's for the site released a little bit too soon. Either way, I'm surprised the Escape isn't out of Miami given the press release from Seatrade Insider and further coverage by the Miami Herald.

I am also skeptical because of the deployment of the Jade. If they bring her back to the USA as a foreign flag then they can't ever bring her back under the US flagging requirements. I do hope for the Spirit to return to the USA though! :)

This should be interesting to see what all comes about but I do think the Epic staying in Europe year round is right though!

I have attached some files - there you can see which ships are going out of Miami in Dec 2015 - and JADE out of Houston. :)

Isn't JADE registered at the Bahamas as well? Where would be the problem to deploy her from an US-Port?

I think the only issue is that she cannot do the year-round Hawaii-cruises...

1474053801_fbgng.jpg.ab7f181af8ef8581922615dde808a86e.jpg

1345112190_ngfngfng.jpg.84cd2d01bbcf34afae7c016e88eae651.jpg

I have attached some files - there you can see which ships are going out of Miami in Dec 2015 - and JADE out of Houston. :)

Isn't JADE registered at the Bahamas as well? Where would be the problem to deploy her from an US-Port?

I think the only issue is that she cannot do the year-round Hawaii-cruises...

As said, there was a similar glitch for Spirit for summer/autumn 2015 before the real itineraries came out with proper prices (there were some dummy Caribbean cruises with unrealistic prices like $9M pp that were removed quickly as soon as the real European itineraries were out). So until the actual cruises for the winter 2015/2016 are actually for sale (or NCL issues a press release about the changes), anything can happen.

For now, since Jade was originally US flagged and hasn't been cruising to US ports under a different flag, in theory she can still be re-flagged back under US flag (under the original exception agreement that allowed it to be US flagged even though it was mostly built outside US) and would then able to do cruises that call only in US ports legally. That is an asset that I'd doubt that NCL would throw away unless they were absolutely sure that they wouldn't want to have another ship in Hawaii.

For more information about the US limitations (so called Jones Act), see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passenger_Vessel_Services_Act_of_1886

Edited by Demonyte

As said, there was a similar glitch for Spirit for summer/autumn 2015 before the real itineraries came out with proper prices (there were some dummy Caribbean cruises with unrealistic prices like $9M pp that were removed quickly as soon as the real European itineraries were out). So until the actual cruises for the winter 2015/2016 are actually for sale (or NCL issues a press release about the changes), anything can happen.

For now, since Jade was originally US flagged and hasn't been cruising to US ports under a different flag, in theory she can still be re-flagged back under US flag (under the original exception agreement that allowed it to be US flagged even though it was mostly built outside US) and would then able to do cruises that call only in US ports legally. That is an asset that I'd doubt that NCL would throw away unless they were absolutely sure that they wouldn't want to have another ship in Hawaii.

For more information about the US limitations (so called Jones Act), see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passenger_Vessel_Services_Act_of_1886

I was ready to book that Spirit Christmas cruise too - but for my family of four it came to $20,000,000.00. Just a tad too rich for my blood. :) Then of course NCL removed the itinerary.

My TA told me just the other day that NCL usually does lots of site work on their website during the holidays, so maybe they're playing around? Hey, I'm just glad NCL is coming back to Houston--that's where we did our first cruise, on NCL Sea.

Where is the info that the Star is coming to PC coming from, I hope it is true, how can we know for sure, anyone got the scoop:confused:

I haven't seen anything else than the unconfirmed rumour without any source right here on the board.

Edited by Demonyte

Where is the info that the Star is coming to PC coming from, I hope it is true, how can we know for sure, anyone got the scoop:confused:

Only leak I have seen. http://www.***************/finder.md

I guess the link is blocked here :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Edited by time2cruise1

Just to add to what you pointed out....the Jade received the special exception to allow her to be US flagged, but specifically to serve the intra-Hawaiian market, like the POA....she could not run between any other US ports, entirely.

I am disappointed that NCL is not bringing back the ten to twelve day roundtrip cruise from New York to Quebec City that they have done in the past.

The seven day round trip to Halifax is okay, but the longer cruise is much better. I don't really want to travel to Boston and do a B2B on the Dawn, the only other NCL choice.

I was hoping that in 2015, they would let the Breakaway do the seven day cruises from NY, and the Gem do the longer ones, as the pattern was here several years ago, in September and October....

I was hoping that in 2015, they would let the Breakaway do the seven day cruises from NY, and the Gem do the longer ones, as the pattern was here several years ago, in September and October....

I also would like that idea - but sadly NCL does more or less the standard routes, although I find the 7 nighters in DAWN quite appealing...

According to speculations, RCI may do it in a similar way in 2015 as you hoped for NCL:

QUANTUM - 9 night from NYC (Cape Liberty); SERENADE - longer cruises from NYC (Cape Liberty) and Quebec (as LEGEND in 2014); BRILLIANCE - 7 night from Boston; GRANDEUR - 8 night from Baltimore.

I like how Princess deploys its ships in Canada/NE: ROYAL - 7 night from NYC; RUBY - 10 night between NYC and Quebec. :)