McKinley Village Lodge

ALANG

Doing an RCI cruisetour in August and will be spending one night at the McKinley Village Lodge. It looks like a log cabin, does anyone have any experiences good or bad about this property.

Alang

I don't know where you saw a photo that made it look like a log cabin, but I assure you that it isn't. It is my #1 choice for a Denali hotel - I've probably stayed there more than a dozen times, most recently a month ago. It's 6 miles from "Glitter Gulch" where most of the hotels are, is right on the Nenana River, and is a very nice property with an excellent restaurant and a cozy lounge.

Murray

I don't know where you saw a photo that made it look like a log cabin, but I assure you that it isn't. It is my #1 choice for a Denali hotel - I've probably stayed there more than a dozen times, most recently a month ago. It's 6 miles from "Glitter Gulch" where most of the hotels are, is right on the Nenana River, and is a very nice property with an excellent restaurant and a cozy lounge.

Murray

Murray,

Where do you stay when you visit Denali? We stayed at the McKinley Village property and I was also not really impressed. We are going back next year and open to suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Sharon

Murray,

Where do you stay when you visit Denali? We stayed at the McKinley Village property and I was also not really impressed. We are going back next year and open to suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Sharon

Are you going independent?? Plenty of great B&B's with Touch of Wilderness my top recommendation. I tend to avoid the big hotels and expecially the congestion of Glitter Gulch.

Yes, they have shampoo, conditioner, lotion and a hairdryer. Also a heat lamp in the bathroom.

The rooms are small, but clean and close to Denali National Park.

The restaurant gets very busy for breakfast and service is slow, so go early if you are going to eat there. They had a FULL HOUSE when we stayed there on July 6th.

Anne Maria

Archived