Just off the Divna Cruise

alexkrn46

People don't all pay the same price for the same cabins. Best to call MSC or your TA to price what dates etc you are looking for. Too many factors go into pricing. Hope this helps.

It doesn't help. Hopefully, the OP will give us an "idea" of the cost of the YC accommodations. It is my understanding that YC cabins approach the cost of cabins aboard the luxury lines , e.g. Crystal, Seabourn, Silversea, etc, and I was interested in ascertaining whether that is, in fact, the case.

Edited by pmacher61

It doesn't help. Hopefully, the OP will give us an "idea" of the cost of the YC accommodations. It is my understanding that YC cabins approach the cost of cabins aboard the luxury lines , e.g. Crystal, Seabourn, Silversea, etc, and I was interested in ascertaining whether that is, in fact, the case.

Unless someone volunteers the information, it is a little intrusive to ask how much they paid. MSC prices are on their website. TA's are under instructions not to undercut so pricing is fairly transparent.

Here we go

Hot of the press, a 7 nights including flights and transfers from UK to Genoa, on Splendida in the YC.

If you say that £300 covers the flights and transfers for two people and an Alligesimo package would cost £19pppd (£266) (The YC is equivalent to a cabin + the AI package). So subracting these two elements:-

The the cabin costs £753 which is £53.80 pp per night

Black card holders would pay £815 for the cruise (cabin inclusive of the AI) and £1115 for the package

The advert I saw TODAY

MSC Splendida

Italy, France, Spain & Tunisia Cruise

4 January 2014 - 7 night cruise

Fly Cruise - Genoa round trip

Yacht Club Suite from £1319

Includes FREE flights and Transfers

MSC Yacht Club!

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Unless someone volunteers the information, it is a little intrusive to ask how much they paid. MSC prices are on their website. TA's are under instructions not to undercut so pricing is fairly transparent.

Thank you Skipper. My thoughts exactly. I see Skier52 beat me to quoting straight for the MSC website which is easily accessed.

Edited by Cruisergal1208

Thank you Skipper. My thoughts exactly. I see Skier52 beat me to quoting straight for the MSC website which is easily accessed.

I was quoting from an advert from a TA, which just goes to show that Skipper Tim was correct when he said the TAs can't undercut. It's exactly the same price as the MSC web site

Pete

If you sign up to the MSC newsletter you will get offers...and more offers...and more offers LOL...all the time

they do special deals and upgrades and onboard credits

depending on how a sailing it selling I guess

In US check too - there are past passenger discount, sometime Florida resident, senor/over 50 aarp deals, and a good deal for military

MSC website is usually NOT the best source of info - sign up for newsletter

hth

Hmm...intrusive and transparent strike me as mutually exclusive, but for someone inclined to criticize, anything goes.

Thanks Skier 52 for sharing the info. That pricing is a lot cheaper than the luxury lines which puts the YC in a very favorable light.

Hmm...intrusive and transparent strike me as mutually exclusive, but for someone inclined to criticize, anything goes.

Thanks Skier 52 for sharing the info. That pricing is a lot cheaper than the luxury lines which puts the YC in a very favorable light.

If you get the newsletter you can really stay on top of the deals. I have seen various promo's - upgrades to YC from Balcony....or other deals....always promos

Military get 10% off some cruises...MSC has some senior rates start at age 50 - aarp haha- which is cool....resident rates....past guest rates...some solo deals =-and so forth

Everyone in my group got a nice upgrade - insides to outsides, outsides to balcony , balcony to deluxe/extended or whatever.....no charge

I am sure there was a possible upgrade to YC that would have been affordable but would not have worked for a group (wanted to eat together etc)

Keep checking - and let us know what you find :) Enjoy