Changing cabin category or location after booking.

marycang

Has anyone ever changed their cabin after booking, before or after the final payment? Only thing available on the Veendam Sept 2014 cruise in category A is on the Navigation deck. There are many more A's on the Veranda deck, but HAL says they are unavailable. I don't believe they could all be booked. We would prefer Verandah deck. So, curious about changing.

Has anyone ever changed their cabin after booking, before or after the final payment? Only thing available on the Veendam Sept 2014 cruise in category A is on the Navigation deck. There are many more A's on the Veranda deck, but HAL says they are unavailable. I don't believe they could all be booked. We would prefer Verandah deck. So, curious about changing.

Those cabins may have been allocated to Travel Agents and will become available closer to sail. Yes, I have moved my cabin after booking when a preferred cabin became available.

You should be able to change cabins as long as something is available. Did you book directly with HAL, or through a TA or internet booking site ? I ask because any requests for changes must be done through your booking agency, HAL will not make any changes to reservations not booked directly with them, you have to request that through your booking site or TA. Even if you booked with HAL, it is possible that the room you want is not theirs to sell, as it may be in a block allocated to a TA or internet booking site.

I had no problem last month when I changed from an oceanview to a suite. However... the suite I wanted was not available. I had to take a smaller one in a less desirable location. There were no mofre balconies available because I booked late. After thinking it over I decided to go with the suite. It was a very expensive upgrade because the oceanview I booked was onsale, The suites were not.

I booked my SA/Antarctic 2013 trip in September 2011. My travel agent couldn't get the cabin location I wanted. I kept monitoring the HAL website. Four months before sailing, a cabin in the right spot became available. My travel agent made the switch. If you booked with a travel agent, let him/her know what you really want. Also, monitor the HAL website yourself, especially on weekends. My travel agent is closed on Saturday and Sunday. I found my cabin on a Saturday and sent my travel agent an email. She did the switch for me on Monday morning.