B2b

Batana

:rolleyes:This is a first for my husband and I, we are going with other couples that booked rooms and we did a G. My question is what is your experience between cruises, I'm presuming we will not be in the same room, they will shuffle us....how does this all work?

Thank-you for any info.

:rolleyes:This is a first for my husband and I, we are going with other couples that booked rooms and we did a G. My question is what is your experience between cruises, I'm presuming we will not be in the same room, they will shuffle us....how does this all work?

Thank-you for any info.

You might get the same room for both. And you might not. If it's a collectors' cruise, you usually do.

If you do have to change rooms, it's no big deal. The stewards will help you. No need to pack anything - they will move the clothes on hangers and the drawers come out and fit in all the cabins. You will need to empty the safety deposit box and bring those items with you.

First -- did you book your cruises as a back-to-back where you have 2 confirmation numbers? Or as a Collectors Cruise where you only have 1 confirmation number?

If you booked it as a Collectors Cruise, HAL will try their best to assign the same cabin to you for both cruises. If you don't get the same cabin, your cabin stewards will be happy to assist you in moving from one cabin to the next one.

On the last full day of the first cruise you will be a letter indicating what to do on InTransit (turn-around day). On turna-around day you will have to go through immigration if you are sailing from a US port. You will be given Intransit cards to get back onto the ship. You will also need to take your passport and ID ship card with you. Once the ship gets down to "zero" count, then you will be permitted to get back onto the ship.

If you decide to go on a tour on turn-around day, once you return to the ship you will only need to go through the security line. Show your Intransit card and bypass the check-in lines.

Right -- one booking number means it is a Collectors Cruise.

This is something HAL started a few years ago as so many of us were booking back-to-back cruises and had 2 confirmation numbers.

This new title also means that you do save a little money by booking the 2 cruises as 1 cruise.

Anything else we can help you with?

Will we know before we leave if we need to change rooms are not, or is this something that can be last minute with the booking of a G?

One booking confirmation = one room

We have same situation in feb on EurodAm.

Good news, we have heard differently from others, and that is why the other cruisers went with an assigned room. If I understand correctly we will be in the same room throughout the cruise and will not have to worry about being moved.