Ship time versus local time?

Sparkygirl

I am looking to book the dolphin encounter on our own. We are sailing NCL Dawn in January 2014. The dolphin encounter website says to check local time versus ship time to ensure that we do not miss our encounter or our ship.

I want to book us for 1pm through the dolphin discovery website. When I check NCL they are also offering the same excursion with the last tour departing at 1:15pm. I am guessing then that we will be good on time, wrap up our day with the dolphin experience and head back to the ship.

Does anyone know if I am comparing apples to oranges in that NCL is offering the excursion based on ship time where as dolphin discovery is offering based on local time...are they the same? I may be over thinking this...

In January if your ship leaves from the east coast then "ship time" will be one hour ahead of Coz (which is on central trime), so a 1:00 PM Coz time event would go down at 2:00 PM ship time. If your ship leaves from a central time port then Coz time and ship time are the same.

You are too early to be concerned about daylight savings time.

Actually, when we were in Cozumel recently on our cruise with NCL, the ship's time WAS the same as local time. From what I have gathered here on C.C., NCL is one of the few cruise lines that change ship time to match local time. I know we were notified the night before we docked in Cozumel to change our clocks.

Actually, when we were in Cozumel recently on our cruise with NCL, the ship's time WAS the same as local time. From what I have gathered here on C.C., NCL is one of the few cruise lines that change ship time to match local time. I know we were notified the night before we docked in Cozumel to change our clocks.

Thank you! I was gathering that NCL does change clocks based on the dailies I was seeing. Thank you for the confirmation! I feel better about booking the 1pm excursion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk