Where Is the Parking for Indy Out of Ft Lauderdale?

Silvery Seas Cruiser

For those of you who have sailed on Independence of the Seas out of Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale, could you tell me where private cars park?

Probably the Midport garage. You would take a shuttle to terminal 29 from there.

Probably the Midport garage. You would take a shuttle to terminal 29 from there.

Oh no! I don't like the shuttle. We've had to do that in the past a few times if our ship left Ft Lauderdale from one dock, but returned to port at another dock. We are really spolied by Oasis and Allure's wonderful Terminal 18 parking.

So which is the Mid-Port garage--the same one folks use who sail on Liberty of the Seas and Eclipse?

Oh no! I don't like the shuttle. We've had to do that in the past a few times if our ship left Ft Lauderdale from one dock, but returned to port at another dock. We are really spolied by Oasis and Allure's wonderful Terminal 18 parking.

So which is the Mid-Port garage--the same one folks use who sail on Liberty of the Seas and Eclipse?

Yes, same garage that Liberty passengers would use. Here's a map:

http://www.porteverglades.net/includes/content/docs/media/Port-Map-2009.pdf

Many thanks for that map. It really shows very well that the distance for parking is quite far and a shuttle would be needed. At least Independence docks in the same place both coming and going.

Thanks to your information, we can better plan our strategy for arrival at Independence. I appreciate your help.

I recently used the private Park and Go lot. It's right outside the port and shuttle bus departed as soon as bags were loaded. Upon return, there was a steady stream of their shuttles waiting and the driver knew where my vehicle was parked and took be directly to it. Price was about $67.00 for an 8 day cruise.

Many thanks for that map. It really shows very well that the distance for parking is quite far and a shuttle would be needed. At least Independence docks in the same place both coming and going.

Thanks to your information, we can better plan our strategy for arrival at Independence. I appreciate your help.

We sailed on Indy in March, and sailed out of, and back into Terminal 29. After a lot of research, and asking around, we decided to park at Park N Go at the entrance to the port. To me, it's a lot better than parking at the port parking lots - cheaper too!

ParkN Go is dead easy - if you book online (I suggest it!), you pay like $8 per day, and just print out your reservation. When you drive into their parking lot, they scan your reservation (or look you up online if you forgot the print out), and then you park your car. They might valet park it for you depending on your cruise. Then you simply jump on the shuttle, and it drops you right off at the luggage valets for your cruise. Dead easy.

After the cruise, grab your luggage, and step over to the shuttle pickup area - odds are there will be 1-2 of the yellow shuttles waiting for you. The driver takes you right to your car. They even give you a few bottles of cold water for the road as you leave the lot.

I would not park any other way, unless I could park and walk right to my terminal.

We have cruised out of Ft. Lauderdale many times and love Park N Go.....definitely book online and print out your receipt - SO much cheaper and we have never had a bad experience! My parents recently cruised and parked there and my mom left her phone in the car by mistake. She realized it at the port, so they had to go back and they brought her car around right away and her phone was right where she left it! :D