Regal Princess Wedding? Helppppp.

jetsetter1001

Hi everyone, I need some help/advice (maybe more like reassurance) in regards to planning a wedding on the Regal Princess next Dec 7th, 2014.

I called the wedding hotline and she states that since the ship haven't made its first voyage yet, so I can't book the wedding yet. However I am able to book the cruise as of now.

My question is, has anybody encounter this same situation with the Royal? I'm a bit hesitating in sending out invitations not knowing if I can confirm the wedding on the cruise.

Any advice or information is greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

You can book the cruise since the deck plans (and cabins) are pretty much built as of now. However, it sounds like they're not prepared to take "event" bookings yet. I'd keep checking every couple of weeks. I'd also check with my TA to see if they can help. I know you want to send out the invitations early so people can book and get the best prices if they plan to cruise with you so it's a dilemma for sure.

FYI, I planned an onboard event on the Royal in October and contacted the event person starting in May. She wasn't able to confirm anything until the end of June. The ship went into service about then.

Edited by Pam in CA

Thanks for your input.

I might just book the cruise and send out "save the date" and hope for the best! lol!

My niece sent out "save the date" announcements while looking for a place for her wedding. It is becoming common today. If you know that will be the date, go for it and book your cruise. :D

We were married on the Grand on 17th August 2010 and we simply cannot praise Princess enough, their service far exceeded our expectations.

Suggest you call the wedding dept direct and discuss your booking problem with them.

We had a little problem prior to our original wedding date in April 2010 (a bit of ash in the atmosphere) that prevented us flying out to join Ruby Princess but Princess and our UK TA were simply wonderful in the way that they managed the situation.

We were part of a wedding party a # of yrs ago on the Golden, the chapel actually looked like one & the bride chose the top pkg which include string quartet, gorgeous flowers, etc. The party started out with a cocktail hr. paid by the brides father & after the ceremony it was time for high tea & then followed by a dinner at a specialty restaurant. We were on the Royal & looked in on the chapel on the Riviera deck, sad to say nothing like the Golden, a room with a desk & chairs, adjacent to the concierge room. But all in all everyone had a wonderful time. Hope this gives you some insight on what to expect.

• 1 month later...

I have the same exact delimma, when I called the company that manages the weddings I was told they won't be booking weddings until october. I really want to get married on this ship March 2015 but am nervous to wait until October to book, if you find out anything different I would love to know

• 5 months later...
Does the Captain marry you?

Depends on which package you pick. If its the "at sea" package then yes. The packages that are at port or on land (for example, getting married on a beach in the islands) are done by a non-denominational celebrant.

I looked into getting married at sea on our August CB cruise, but we opted against it because of the cost. This is not the first time around for both of us and we didn't want all the hoop-la. Just wanted to walk in, say I Do in front of the Captain and walk out, but there is no way to do that, you have to take all the rest that comes with it for over $2k. Add that to the cost of the cruise and ...ouch! :)

• 10 months later...

can someone post a picture of the wedding chapel -specifically on the regal princess and comment on their experience with their actual wedding at sea booking and how it all panned out?

my daughter is getting married on the ship this coming winter and I'd welcome feedback on the ups and downs of the experience with the wedding coordinator...thx :)

can someone post a picture of the wedding chapel -specifically on the regal princess and comment on their experience with their actual wedding at sea booking and how it all panned out?

my daughter is getting married on the ship this coming winter and I'd welcome feedback on the ups and downs of the experience with the wedding coordinator...thx :)

Cruise Critic created a site with thousands of photos of the Regal Princess including these 16 photos of the Wedding Chapel:

http://gallery.cruisecritic.com/ships/regal-princess-679/wedding-chapel-100445/

There is a "sticky" at the top of the Princess forum with other photos of the ship:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2202082

Edited by Astro Flyer

• 2 weeks later...

If you are talking about the wedding coordinator on the ship, here is how my experience went on Diamond Princess in 2012. We were getting married at sea on day 2. Upon boarding there was a note in our cabin from the wedding coordinator to contact her at customer service desk at our leisure. We unpacked, had lunch, took a wander around the ship (found the wedding chapel) and then went to meet Cathy. She was actually the Customer Services Manager on the ship. I didn't know that at the time, and I still remember the shock at the front desk when I asked for her.. It was like, what a complaint already?? When I explained we were the wedding couple, they certain relaxed. I had a list if a few questions for her and a copy of all our paperwork. Cathy came out super organised, she had a clipboard, all the paperwork and took us to a quiet spot in the wheelhouse bar. She went thru again how the ceromony would run, asked me if I'd like someone to walk me down the isle, discussed getting a second cabin for my hubby to be to get dressed in, asked if he wanted his shoes polished!!! She answered everything we had to ask plus more, and was not rushing or anything. She also said she would arrange someone to meet me at my cabin and walk with me to the chapel. This girl was so lovely, it was her first ship wedding and was super excited to have been involved. On the wedding day itself, Cathy was in attendance. The Captain (Captian Dino Sigani) came out to meet me when I got to the chapel which was really nice, as we got to chat first and settle my nerves. He said we would start whenever I was ready. They put some velvet ropes up to divert other passengers around the chapel and avoid any Gatechrashers or looky-loos. The ceremony was perfect.. We had it streaming back to friends and family in Australia! This was the ships camera, so no sound, no guarantee it would work as it depends on the satellites on the day, but true to Princess form, it worked!

After the ceremony it was off for photos... Can not begin to tell you how much I love them! Once done we went back to cabin, there were flowers in our cabin from the ceremony, a full printout of the wedding ceremony in a folder, copy of wedding certificate and also a princess commemorative wedding certificate..all of which I presume Cathy took care of. I can not fault a single thing for our wedding day. I hope it all goes well for you, let me know if you have any other questions.

Edited by Jodieg